Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My Repurposed File Cart - Inspired by Sandygirl !!

Love it, now I want to go find one for myself!! lol
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Awesome. Love the organization. Looks like you have room to grow also.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Sorry I haven't checked back sooner! To answer a question above, it was originally designed as a file cart for hanging file folders. You would hang the folders across the top of the unit (where my ironing surface is), and then there would be some clear space underneath, and office supplies would go into the baskets at the bottom. I have the basket shelf positioned really low, but if you were using it for its intended purpose, that shelf would be a little higher. You can still find these online or in some stores, but I wasn't able to find any with the drawers like mine has. Most of the newer ones have the drawers on the side. Here's one example: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Advantus-M...Black/14916417. Here's a simpler, cheaper style (no drawers though): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alera-Sing...Black/12086292.

How awesome! I've been thinking about something like this ever since seeing Sandy's. I hope to come across a cart at Goodwill, etc.

It is perfect!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3