Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: My Sewing Nook

Blog Entries
    I think I would go to Menard's or another cheaper building place and see if they have 4 ft countertops for sale (here they are about $10 for 1) and have it setting where you have the tv trays. get some type of legs that can be attached underneath and you are good to go for a sturdier sewing space.

Blog Entries
    it's compact, but seems to have what you need, at least for now
    Nancy in western NY

Hi

I am so happy for you! It's nice to have a space you can call your own.

I HAD a spot until my accident last summer where I came close to loosing my left hand! Now that things are working again, it is time I go re-claim my space!

Enjoy your space and your time in your space!

Louise
    I wish to grow into a better person than I am.

Blog Entries
    I love how organized you are. You've made great use of space.

Quote Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
    Just an idea, but I've been needing a long small table for one of my machines and Walmart has a table with legs that fold up in the furniture section that is 4 ft long and 20 or 24 inches wide that looks very sturdy. It's $24. I'm thinking of buying one if I can't find something cheaper used. You might want to look at it. You could put plastic drawers under it for storage.
    I got one that sounds like this and am happy with it. It's heavy duty plastic so easy to clean if you have to store in garage/shed. also, I have the plastic drawers on wheels, but mine is a little taller and has narrower sized drawers at the top which come in very handy. Like your space! I need the cover for machine like you have to keep dust out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ...one of the hospital bedside table to put your machine on? You know the ones that you can raise and lower and that has nice rollers on the feet. I'm thinking I need to be on the lookout for one of those!

I have thought about getting one of those tables to use in the living room, handwork, trimming blocks, using a hand crank machine to do paper piecing. But, are they stable? Would it shake and rattle? It would be so handy and convenient.

It looks quite cozy!!

We when we moved into our current house three years ago. My husband picked the larger of the two extra bedrooms for my sewing room. Since I acquired a Long arm frame my sewing room has taken over the spare bedroom "aka the cat's bedroom"......lol
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I am so impressed by all of you who can make such incredible use of small spaces. I am more the spread out kind of person. My sewing space in the basement is so cramped and unworkable for me that i am moving it to the patio. literally! we will have ground breaking on the new room very soon. it will be 20 by 30 feet and include two office/computer spaces (one for me and one for him) and it will also have a sitting area and tons of space for my new "studio" i will be blogging it as it happens for those who are interested.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4