Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: My version of the foam quilting table

Wow - 3 years later, people are still loving your good idea! Do you recall how much of the oilcloth you used? 4 yards? more?

Quote Originally Posted by margiev View Post
    Wow - 3 years later, people are still loving your good idea! Do you recall how much of the oilcloth you used? 4 yards? more?
    I don't recall the amount of oilcloth I used...I think I just measured each piece, allowed for folding around the sides and onto the back. Oilcloth comes in different widths, but what I got from http://www.mendels.com was 46" wide. Four yards probably would do it unless your pieces are longer than 48".

I still love my version of Marguerite's "table" and find it very versatile. I moved last year and added another section behind my sewing desk (supported by some moving boxes full of stuff!) and now have a pretty large surface for quilting.

Anita

I love Marguerita's idea. I have hesitated adapting my table because of the vinyl issue, wondering what to put under the vinyl so the foam board wouldn't show. You have the answer!! I just checked the price for oil cloth at Mendels and don't know if I want to fork over $60.00 plus shipping for 4 yds. I may have no other option, we'll see. Anyhow, good thinking on your part and thanks for sharing a wonderful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I love Marguerita's idea. I have hesitated adapting my table because of the vinyl issue, wondering what to put under the vinyl so the foam board wouldn't show. You have the answer!! I just checked the price for oil cloth at Mendels and don't know if I want to fork over $60.00 plus shipping for 4 yds. I may have no other option, we'll see. Anyhow, good thinking on your part and thanks for sharing a wonderful idea.
    Just a thought...
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52426636.tip.html

Serita

I used to buy oil cloth (for classroom bulletin boards and table covers) at our local Walmart when they had a fabric dept. Perhaps the WMs that do have fabrics would carry it. I don't recall what I paid for it.
    One step at a time, always forward.

amh
    I used clear plastic on mine. I went to the dollar store and purchase two clear plastic table clothes. I think the total cost was $3 or $4. I got as plastic that was as thick as possible.

It works fine.
    Aileen
    Saskatoon SK Canada

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Thanks for link.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4