Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Need help downsizing/organizing >

Need help downsizing/organizing

Need help downsizing/organizing

Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM

Good luck on your move and pray that your cancer treatment goes well. Shelving is a must and no wider than 12" yes vertical clear to the ceiling. I have been trying to clean and rearrange my sewing room for years will be posting pics as soon as DD returns my camera. I also have shelves over and in front of windows, bookcases mounted to the walls and tables underneath try googling creative fabric storage solutions and see what you find.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 AM

Ruler folding my fabric helped tremendously. I'm very sorry that you have cancer plus dealing with losing your home. Please keep a upbeat attitude, they say it helps tremendously.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:06 AM

talk with a friend have them store some of your things then when you move start folding and sorting it will take a lot of stress off you and you can be in your new place taking your time...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation. Lots of great ideas from the other gals. I'll be keeping you in prayer as you make this big change.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM

I have bookcases with doors on the bottom and a desk unit from ikea. They have some great units.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...071/#/60116069 price that shows is just the desk
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59908467/ mine only has doors on the bottoms and I use the top for nic nacs . I use the boards for my fabric and you can fit a lot in the bookcases. I also use a CD cabinet for my FQ.
Best of luck on your move. I know what it's like to go thru that while you're going thru cancer. I'm so sorry. Oh forgot the cd cabinet here it is http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/07305310/ Best of luck
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 PM

I love the idea of a Murphy bed; you will have the best of both worlds.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM

You've gotten some great suggestions, and I can't add anymore to those. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you're going through this and that I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM

I am so sorry you have to struggle through these life changes. My thoughts and prayers are with you! I am so glad you asked these questions though because I have to find more accessible storage too. The advice you have received has been very helpful to me as I search for an affordable, accessible and aesthetically pleasing system. I wish I lived closer. I'd take you for your treatment appointments and then we could shop together! hehehe!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 PM

Sharon, I, too, am sorry this is happening to you. I am about 25 miles south of Charlotte and would be happy to help in any way I can. My husband is handy and I know he would be glad to help too. There are some good suggestions here -- if you decide which ideas you'd like to go with and would like some help, PM me. I have been meaning to put my fabric on the comic boards but haven't tackled it yet so I can't speak from experience but so many people recommend this.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:26 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer! My thoughts are with you! As for storage... Measure the high you have under your bed. They make large roll out containers with lids designed to fit under most beds and several would hold quite a bit.