Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Need help sorting fabric.

That is a problem. I have all my polka dots together, my stripes together, my hand dyed fabric together. You really need to figure out the easiest way to find what you need when you want to make something. Do what you think will work for you or so what I did and called my friend over for two days she sorted it all out while I folded and fed her!!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Senior Member craftygal63@yahoo.com's Avatar
    That's a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" kind of question. I resort frequently when my brain is on overload! Sometimes by fabric line, then by color, then by theme, then by pattern requirements...then it starts all over again depending on the time of day, season, holiday.

I have recently re-done my sewing room and found that when sorting fabric if I put an off white with red and pink flowers in my red pile.....it looks out of place. So I moved it to the white background pile....still not right so it is now with the pinks. Apparently I see pink when I look at that piece. Funny how different colors scream at you if they are placed in the wrong pile.

Let's see, I use a "Mary system" basically don't spend any time debating it....go with the gut/first reaction. If it's one of those fabrics that this won't work for, I use the background color. After that, it goes in a "who knows" pile, because really, who knows which color it is. Like most, I have special fabrics, 1930's, batiks, etc.

I have a space designated "can't decide the color". Looking for something in a paticular color, helps define the color.

This was a great thread for me. I am getting shelves and 12 clear containers for my fabric. I can hardly wait to get it put together! Right now I just have one huge, heavy, overflowing tub of fabric. Then small stacks around the room.
    Mazda

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4