Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new bookcase and a stash clean up.

Yes, me too; I love it.

Wonderful bookcase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Wonderful bookcase!!!!
    Thanks !! Mighty

It's nice to see a compliment on my new bookcase. Rather than....."OMG! Your throwing away fabric!! String the heritic up!!"

HAHA :P
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Ha, ha, true that! Your DH does great work. You are going to do great things in that organized room . Congrats on finishing it. So jealous

May I borrow your organizational skills...LOL. Beautifully done by you and hubby both.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Nice job organizing. I could park in that parking spot.

I should probably toss out at least a fourth of my stash, but I don't. I keep going back to it to do my strip piecing. It doesn't matter if they are ugly; they can be used in "mug rugs", pot holders, hot pads, etc. The list goes on.
    Strip piecing is very forgiving. Another thing you can use that fabric for is a foundation for your strip piecing. Every now and then, I take out a stack from my stash and spend time cutting into different size squares for later use. I may never use it all, but it's ready for someone else to finish. At least I hope so. Love your bookcase and organization.
    Gigi

Ditto. There is someone out there like me that would take your ugly fabric. Contact a guild, they are always in need of fabric for community pro
    jects. Remember, " your junk is someone elses treasure".
    Gigi

Blog Entries
    Great bookcase and great husband!
    Joyce

If you have something that you don't need or want, list it on FreeCycle, give it to a Thrift Shop or a Quilt Guild. Our guild make quilts for the homeless, for those burned out of their homes, for kids in the hospital, for kids in children's homes. Each child, at a home run by the Lutheran church, is able to pick his or her own quilt when they arrive and it is theirs to keep forever. Sometimes it is the only thing that they have ever had that they could call their own. We make belly pillows for a local hospital for those who have had surgery. None of these recipients care what the fabric looks like, only that they have been given something made with love. I try to give or donate anything I can to keep it out of the landfills. BTW, you have a talented husband. The bookcase is really nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast