Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New house getting organzed

New house getting organzed

Thanks to everyone's input and ideas, the move to our retirement home in Carlisle, PA went rather smoothly. We have three bedrooms, a large living room and huge eat in kitchen. My favorite is the bonus mancave with its separate storage attic.
    We love to stroll the two acres and watch the sun set behind the nearby mountains. This place is truly a slice of Heaven.
    My quilting space is in the smallest bedroom, 11x13, which is not yet set up as I'm still unpacking boxes and using this room as a 'staging area'. We've been here only five days, but progress is being made.
    My DH spends most of his time completing tasks and checking things off his 'to do' list while I continue the unpacking and interior organizing.
    All in all, I feel we have made great progress in a short time and look forward to creating lasting friendships with neighbors who have already been most welcoming. One has introduced us to 'beet eggs' - delicious!
    Carlisle, PA......a lovely place to be!

Glad things are going along so smoothly for you. You'll have your sewing space up and running in no time. Meanwhile, enjoy those sunsets!

Oh, that sounds lovely. I hope that when we transition to our retirement home (likely 3-5 years from now) that it will be as pleasant as yours. As for setting up your sewing room, you're saving the best for last. Haha!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on your new home. Sounds absolutely lovely. How ironic I have a batch of beet eggs in my fridge. It's actually the second batch. Great on salads and make great tasting deviled eggs also. [QUOTE=Debbie C;7807546]Thanks to everyone's input and ideas, the move to our retirement home in Carlisle, PA went rather smoothly. We have three bedrooms, a large living room and huge eat in kitchen. My favorite is the bonus mancave with its separate storage attic.
    We love to stroll the two acres and watch the sun set behind the nearby mountains. This place is truly a slice of Heaven.
    My quilting space is in the smallest bedroom, 11x13, which is not yet set up as I'm still unpacking boxes and using this room as a 'staging area'. We've been here only five days, but progress is being made.
    My DH spends most of his time completing tasks and checking things off his 'to do' list while I continue the unpacking and interior organizing.
    All in all, I feel we have made great progress in a short time and look forward to creating lasting friendships with neighbors who have already been most welcoming. One has introduced us to 'beet eggs'

Best of everything in your new home! Ok, I give up, what are beet eggs?

that's a great size sewing room to play in! Enjoy the process.

You'll be right there for Corvettes at Carlisle!
    Patrice S

Blog Entries
    It sounds like the most daunting part of the move is behind you...I hope you will get years of enjoyment in your new sewing space once you get it all organized.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Easy process. I use 3 cans of pickled beets per dozen eggs. Boil the eggs then peel. Put aside. Drain the juice of the canned pickled beets into a sauce pan. I also use plain canned beets to which I add equal parts sugar and apple cider vinegar to the juice of the beets. Bring the beet juice to a boil then add the vinegar and sugar (it mixes and dissolves easier. You can heat the beets in your microwave. After heating the beets put a layer of beets in a large bowl (with a cover). Put your peeled eggs on top then cover with the remaining beets. Pour your hot juice on top of the beets and eggs. Let sit in fridge for at least 24 hours if you can wait that long. If you use a large glass container temper the glass by running hot water along the outside of the glass. I use to use a large "sun tea" jar. now I Use a large Tupper/Rubbermaid bowl. I don't add any water to the liquid mixture. You'd be surprised how much juice is in mix. You can also add sugar or vinegar to taste, depending on the sweetness or savoryness of flavor you want Some call them "sweet and sour" beet eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Best of everything in your new home! Ok, I give up, what are beet eggs?

Blog Entries
    Enjoy the new home and sunsets. Lovely town. :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast