Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No more sewing room for me,:( , help!!!

BTW, if anyone wants to store a bobbin and spool together, there are many, MANY other ways. Years ago, I discovered a certain sized dowel fits perfectly into a wooden "wheel" (from the hobby section of HL or WM). You can cut the dowels to the length you want, long enough to hold both spool and bobbin. The wheel allows it to stand. Easy and cheap, to make.

Blog Entries
    Can you put "risers" under the feet of the futon for more space? Put a door over the arms of the futon for a table??
    Debbie
    Machine It

I use the nice Rubbermaid shelves, the nice sturdy ones. I have found that if I use my hutch, I can't find anything, and most of my stuff doesn't fit then. I live in a very tiny one bedroom apartment. I use half of my big bedroom as my sewing area.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

I also have the same problem of just moving and no space yet , just keep doing your hand sewing until you can work out a way to have more room.
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

Can you sew in your bedroom? Put bins under the bed and fabric in the nightstand.The top of the bed is a great place to lay everything out.
    Anna Quilts

If you can have any type of table for a work surface, you can store stuff beneath it. I did that for a long time. Dee in CA

Blog Entries
    Because I seemed to have fabric etc in every room I decided to buy a portacabin and move everything to do with crafts out to it. It is great, I can just walk away from whatever I'm sewing and it remains the same until I go back. I have plenty room for machines and cutting table, ironing board and hubby has made me a design board that I have hung on wall. It is terrific no more plundering through bags of fabric to see what I need. All on shelves and tidy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newjeepgreen View Post
    Because I seemed to have fabric etc in every room I decided to buy a portacabin and move everything to do with crafts out to it. It is great, I can just walk away from whatever I'm sewing and it remains the same until I go back. I have plenty room for machines and cutting table, ironing board and hubby has made me a design board that I have hung on wall. It is terrific no more plundering through bags of fabric to see what I need. All on shelves and tidy.
    Wow, that's interesting. Please give us some information about the building. What size is it and how much do they cost?

My thought is you might want to check for a used camper. All the comforts of home and plenty of storage. Then when your room is built you could resell it.

Now that is a great idea! Or if you do not have one yet you could get a long arm and keep it in the trailer. Hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
    My thought is you might want to check for a used camper. All the comforts of home and plenty of storage. Then when your room is built you could resell it.
    Anna Quilts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast