Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: No more sewing room for me,:( , help!!!

I love it!!!!!
    Grandmere

Yep, I feel your pain. Downsized from a full basement sewing room to a small bedroom sewing room. My kitchen is bigger than my sewing room and I HATE TO COOK! Vertical is the way to go, of course, closets, under beds, dresser drawers, are good storage areas. But I still have to downsize my stash, no room to move in my new cubicle!
    Best of luck with the renovation! Get what you can!
    Just One Proud Military Mom!!!

I would move everything out of the largest room in the house and set up shop until my studio was done. Of course I live alone and my studio is the largest room in the house.

I am with u here, sold our home and miss my sewing room I just had all set up so nice. Will b making one in the cellar here come fall but at least I do have room. U will figure it out and it will work for u until DH gets the add on for u. Enjoy your lap quilting too.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...C68D6DB95A.png
    Quilting With A Friend Will Keep You In Stitches

I really miss mine, too . . . but the outdoor shed is turning out to be pretty nice. If you have a little yard space, you can make a pretty decent sewing shed, from one; just make sure you insulate it. Dh built a wall in ours, then insulated the front portion. As we finish getting rid of extra "stuff" in the back, we'll insulate and fix up that section, to make a large closet. Just gotta get the kids to take some of these extras (from downsizing)!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    put a straw cut to length you need over the thread rack spindle. it will hold several bobbins and the spool of thread on it together. I put my bobbin on the bottom, thread spool on top of the bobbins.
    Got fabric?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5