Organized Chaos

Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by April X View Post
No the piles don't drive me nuts. I know what is in each pile. What drives me nuts is when family moves things. Thinking about a lock for the door!
I totally relate !! I know where things are ~ Yes, I'm a pile person and I'm inspired by the " natural accidents " in my play area !!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 AM

Location: living in Hampton Roads area (Chesapeake, VA) originally from S Beloit, IL

Just saw more of the bags in my local Hancock store...love to wander...you never know what you'll find
Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 AM

Mine used to.... My sewing room got turned into a playroom for our 6 year old a few months after we moved! Now I have a little bit here and a little bit there. Needless to say not much has gotten done lol I love your space though, it looks very inviting to me
Old 09-01-2013, 01:23 PM

I have a friend who's room looked like this. She asked me for help and I went to her home. We got things off the floor, fabric's & project's sorted. She promised to not start any more until the cajillion projects she had are almost 2/3's of the way finished. I couldn't ask her to not enjoy her stash....lol BUT now she has room to finish.
BTW - I don't have a Pink Flamingo either.. Maybe we should ALL get one!! My room is fairly organized, but I keep minimal stash.. You can check my Quilt Album and see for yourselves. Happy Quilting
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Love all the pictures. I try to keep my stockroom slightly organized but at the end of a project, I have stuff everywhere. But last time it was all neat, I took pictures and posted them, now I can claim it's always neat ....lol.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Mine is a very organized mess! I am going to print off a pic or two and post in my sewing room. Then when someone says you got more material than you will ever use in a lifetime, I can say, "no, I am behind the others, I got to get busy and buy more material
I love this philosophy..... I need to do some shopping too. Just loaded up on $ .50 yard fabric at a yard sale. luv it!!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM

I need to show these photos to my husband who can't understand my sewing life syle. I don't understand his barn either, though. I need to trim a border on my quilt but my cutting table is kind of cluttered.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM

I have to show my husband. He's always asking me when I'm going to clean up my space. We have a big family room of which 3/4 is mine for sewing. His is 1/4 of it for building remote control airplanes and is very neat. He even straightens up when he's done for the evening.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM

I have read through this entire thread... I find it so fascinating how differently we all are wired!

For me, I can do messy for a period of time but as soon as I notice that I'm avoiding my space then I know it's out of control and I need to put things away. The funny thing is the time can vary from a few days to months.

The other odd thing is now that I have a dedicated room that is away from our main living space (I have to take people to see it vs. having someone wander in on their way to the bathroom) it stays much neater. It gets used more days than not but a little planning really goes a long way with having enough space to keep what I need handy. I even have a few empty storage spaces.

My storage room (non quilting) is in utter chaos, but I can easily avoid it by piling things in the adjacent utility room! One of these days...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:48 PM

If I had a stash that big I would love to be like Scrooge McDuck when he was rolling in all his money except I would be rolling in beautiful wonderful fabric.