Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Organized Chaos

Blog Entries
    I could shop your rooms and have tons of fun.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Goodness me,what so many of us would give to have so much fabric, never mind the chaos ! x

Quote Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
    I would really like to help you clean out/organize your fabric & notions. You could pay me with fabric.
    I wish you were closer to me! I could use some help. I have a lot of fabric, much of it donated for quilts for homeless families. I've been going through it and I'm giving a lot away locally, fabric I won't use.
    Last edited by cricket_iscute; 09-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    wow how long did it take u gals to build this kind of stash? oh but i woudl have soo much fun, liek a kid in a candy store lol

My sewing room is full of moving boxes right now, my goal is to get it all unpacked and the apt cleaned by bedtime tomorrow night for incoming Friday company. I see a future filled with the fun fondling and folding of fabric till Friday! I think that's enough f-words said for one afternoon!
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Power Poster
    If you can find what you want when you want it?

On the other hand - moving things around is good exercise!

She who dies with the most fabric wins!

Blog Entries
    When my sewing room gets too bad, my husband talks me into cleaning it up, and he does most of the work. Works great. This occurs about once every two or three years, when he can barely get in the door. LOL.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As you can see, I can't make a mess as I sew smack in the middle of the living room on full display. This arrangement has forced me to be neat, something I thought wasn't possible. I surprised myself! We moved & downsized - no more sewing room.

As you can see, stash is all over the place in matching shelves. Thread storage is by color in clear bins above fabric. "Stuff" is found on shelves in larger, matching clear bins.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by QuiltswithConvicts; 11-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Kathy

Since I just jumped back in to the world of quilts my stash is quite limited, but growing pretty dang fast. I curently keep all my fabric in vintage suit cases set under the guest room bed which is quickly becoming a non option as I am running out of room. My pink flamingo is a 3 foot tall bear named Bart he was a guest at my wedding. I envy all of your sewing/design rooms no matter how clean, messy or crazy they are. It's like walking into a great LQS. I can just feel the creativity flowing.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast