Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: organized stash, shelves

I too just organied mine on shelves and was amazed what I found and I just love seeing what I have at a glance not in the totes. Has made fabric choices for projects so much easier.
    Linda

This is great, I have a chine hutch that I'm trying to figure out how to make space for it to use as a fabric storage.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Looks wonderful. This is an fyi.....There is an amazing way to fold ur fabrics and still see what u have. I take a 5-6" x 24 wide quilting ruler. Wrap ur fabric around legnthwise neatly. Slide off then fold in half. This way all of ur stach is the same size and displays beautifully. By using the same size ruler all is folded the same easy to stack. Even easier to see.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsbuffalo View Post
    yes it does..we tend to not dig in tubs but just buy more at least I did.
    ain't it da truth! I actually have a tub full now. scraps from past projects and from a few swaps here but, a full tub! I don't have budget for anything resembling a stash but I now have a start on a scrappy quilt!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Neat looking. I have so much fabric that I have one room that just has fabric and batting. I better live a long time. I can't die before I use it up, right?

Looking good!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Wish I had that kind of space to display my fabric! I do have mine in plastic drawers and it is sorted by color. Every now and then I like to look through everything just to jog my memory as to what I actually have. All the pieces large enough to be backing for a quilt are stored in a closet so I now know where to look! It is a long slow process that constantly evolves

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    Wish I had that kind of space to display my fabric! I do have mine in plastic drawers and it is sorted by color. Every now and then I like to look through everything just to jog my memory as to what I actually have. All the pieces large enough to be backing for a quilt are stored in a closet so I now know where to look! It is a long slow process that constantly evolves
    Nammie that is a problem while I was using tubs and the large recycle bags. Uggh. For years. Working on baby quilts..wonderful to have my fabric at fingertips! Am worried about light. Need to get this in it's own room soon. Not done painting for the switch yet.
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2