Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Organizing in Glass Jars

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    What a clever idea. Your curtains are great.

I wish I could store my knitting needles and crochet hooks like that but the cats would have them all over everywhere if I left them out. I have to put all the cat play toys in drawers and sometimes that doesn't keep them out.
    Cats are "very helpful" when you are trying to sew. I was adding elastic to a pair of basketball shorts for my grandson yesterday. I was feeding the elastic through the waistband and I was getting some resistance. I looked down to see my kitty pulling on the other end of the elastic. It is kind of like having two 2 year olds when my kitties try to help me.

I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!
    good idea.......like ther knitting needles in the vase....I have a "few" vases around, time to re-purpose them!!!! Glass containers are fun to look for at the local Goodwill/Salvation Army/Resale shop..........those are my suppliers!!!

Love your jars!!! I have the same fabric for covers for machines!!!!

looks very organized. Nice glass jars.

I can't believe your shoe pin cushion. I made one from the same kind of plaster shoe many years ago for a dear friend. Love your jar organization, I love glass containers.
    Last edited by Radiana; 12-02-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

I also like to store things in glass jars. I really enjoyed seeing your stuff.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Great job! I also love the Glass containers, have a few vintage Ball containers with the hinged lids. One is quite large and the notions I have in there right now always get lost in the bottom. I'm re-purposing this for spools of thread and moving the other items into sorting boxes for easier retrieval. We also have a very large (basically wall-to-wall) window to our enclosed garden room right off the living room and my sewing machine is there because I also love to listen to the birds as I sew. Nice overstuffed couch to sit on as I plan my project, great new sewing station and the glass jars look so pretty from the window, full of my favorite colors. I just need to buy more jars! thanks for sharing your idea!

Love love love it all! Great job!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Blog Entries
    I love your collection of glass jars. It's so pretty. I love anything to do with organization!! Thanks for sharing your great sewing space.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3