Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Organizing in Glass Jars

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    What a clever idea. Your curtains are great.

I wish I could store my knitting needles and crochet hooks like that but the cats would have them all over everywhere if I left them out. I have to put all the cat play toys in drawers and sometimes that doesn't keep them out.
    Cats are "very helpful" when you are trying to sew. I was adding elastic to a pair of basketball shorts for my grandson yesterday. I was feeding the elastic through the waistband and I was getting some resistance. I looked down to see my kitty pulling on the other end of the elastic. It is kind of like having two 2 year olds when my kitties try to help me.

I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!
    good idea.......like ther knitting needles in the vase....I have a "few" vases around, time to re-purpose them!!!! Glass containers are fun to look for at the local Goodwill/Salvation Army/Resale shop..........those are my suppliers!!!

Love your jars!!! I have the same fabric for covers for machines!!!!

looks very organized. Nice glass jars.

I can't believe your shoe pin cushion. I made one from the same kind of plaster shoe many years ago for a dear friend. Love your jar organization, I love glass containers.
    Last edited by Radiana; 12-02-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling

I also like to store things in glass jars. I really enjoyed seeing your stuff.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Great job! I also love the Glass containers, have a few vintage Ball containers with the hinged lids. One is quite large and the notions I have in there right now always get lost in the bottom. I'm re-purposing this for spools of thread and moving the other items into sorting boxes for easier retrieval. We also have a very large (basically wall-to-wall) window to our enclosed garden room right off the living room and my sewing machine is there because I also love to listen to the birds as I sew. Nice overstuffed couch to sit on as I plan my project, great new sewing station and the glass jars look so pretty from the window, full of my favorite colors. I just need to buy more jars! thanks for sharing your idea!

Love love love it all! Great job!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Blog Entries
    I love your collection of glass jars. It's so pretty. I love anything to do with organization!! Thanks for sharing your great sewing space.
    10-2-12, the lucky day I became a granny! I just love my Avatar photo. That is my grandson. He has his hands thrown up in childish abandon trying to catch bubbles. Even though you can't see his face clearly, the look on his face steals my heart. It's my favorite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3