Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: overflow of magazines

You can buy the IKEA ones on Ebay
    Paula

Thank you! Thank you!! What wonderful ideas. I knew I would get lots of good info from this board. I will let you know what I decide. I am a newbie and just can't part with any magazines yet. But I will keep the info in mind about weeding them out "someday".

Quote Originally Posted by joysewer View Post
    I recently watched a clip where they made the magazine holders from old laundry soap boxes. Can we still get the bigger laundry soap boxes? I can't remember where I saw it. If you look at one of the plastic magazine holders and cut the box the same as that, it should be pretty easy. Then you can cover the boxes with fabric or paint them.
    hey! they stole that from me, lol! Mine fit perfectly! I can't find any with handles on them lately though. Guess I'll have to make my own
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat M. View Post
    I keep three years of my magazines and then give the oldest year away. If I like something in the magazine I copy it and file it. That way I do not feel like a hoarder. HA HA!
    Good idea!

Mine are stored in the acid free page protectors and in notebooks by the magazine and date. I have thousands as I really collected for about 10 years and then kept buying more.... Only magazines I do subscribe to. And I don't throw them out.
    Sharon (Gypsylady)

A sewing friend and I were in Sam's and discovered there are boxes (free for the taking) that approximate the shape of the magazine holders but are deeper and wider. A scissors or box knife and some tape can personalize the box size and if you're a creative perfectionist, the box can be dolled up.

The friend and I tip toed out of Sam's with our purchases and our free magazine/folder/brochure holders. Hers are pretty and full. Mine are full.

Pat

I photcopy the cover and the table of contents. Then I highlight the tings I want to make. Iput the pages back to back with the table of content on top in a documet pastic sleeve and file them in notebooks by year and in chronilogical order.

Old Magazines

A lot of people around here tend to pass on their old mags. But I find it really annoying if they have removed certain pages or even the patterns fold from the centre. I will go through any I get and photocopy the patterns I like then pass on the magazine. The copies I store in the various ringbinders I have for patchwork, applique and quilting. Then at least I can find the designs I like later.

I store mine in those large tins that popcorn comes in.

I put some of mine in a large rectangular box that fits under my bed and I found a extra large heavy basket at goodwill and throw them in there. I have a ton and love to look through them. I also keep some on bookshelves.
    Nancy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast