Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Paint Advice for Quilt Room >

Paint Advice for Quilt Room

Paint Advice for Quilt Room

Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 PM

Mine is a soothing, medium blue. I've decorated with accent colors that "pop".... yellow, orange, green, white. I love it.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM

Try to figure out where you are putting your bookcases, your design wall, and what you really see when you walk in.
Do you want roll up blinds on the windows or curtains? If you have a wall that you do not see from the walk/in door, try to picture your bookcases there, that way you will not see them from the door. I tend to want my actual sewing table towards the middle of the room so you have ample room behind it for an additional table, to carry the bulk of the quilt or whatever you are working on. I would love a U-shaped one. More to think about!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Another one with pale yellow walls.

I have a basement sewing room with one window that faces NW. I have wood panelling on 2 walls, one day I will replace it with drywall, but not until we rewire the house as the electric box is in that room. The other walls and curtains are a pale buttery yellow. My floors are light grey painted concrete.

The pale yellow makes the room feel bright, even with just the overhead light turned on.

You mentioned coral, that would be nice too as long as it was light and did not interfere with colour perspective.

The sun gives off Yellow light, not white light, so anything we look at outdoors will have a yellow hue. This is why so many of us do not like LED or other pure white light, it is not natural. I do not worry about using pure white light to match colours, because I do not live in a pure white light world.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 AM

Since Yellow is my favorite color as well, IF I had a dedicated "sewing room" it would be yellow. However since I only have my eat in kitchen area, its a pale blue like the rest of the kitchen area. But my kitchen is blue & yellow so I still have some yellow in there. The walls are blue, with dishes, etc yellow .. & blue.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 AM

My sewing room is painted a light tan-ish color. Reason being, I don't want "color" interfering with my eye... when making fabric decisions.

Congratulations on finally having a room just for sewing!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 AM

I would stick with yellow. I'm currently in a yellow phase in my house and it seems to really brighten the place up and makes for a happy environment. Perfect for a sewing room.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 AM

Found this... made me think of all our color suggestions!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 AM

I just moved my sewing room and painted it a cheery yellow...because..it just makes me smile! As so many others have said, most of the walls are covered with white bookes...and I have white felt for a design wall.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

Right now my room is a bright yellow and has been that way for a long while. I never know for sure if I left the light on so I have to check once in a while. I will have to change it though. it gives me a chaotic feel once in a while. Go with what feels good to you. My next will probably be neutral.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 AM

butter yellow is the color of my sewing cave and I love it.....never used yellow in any room before, but this has convinced me to not be afraid of it elsewhere..........pure sunshine......