Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Aprons for Ukraine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/aprons-ukraine-t212943.html)

tymia 02-05-2013 01:15 PM

To Kalama Quilts

They love the aprons, they wear them daily, at least the elderly ladies I visit.

tymia 02-05-2013 01:17 PM

To the question, "Where are you located?"

I live in St. Charles, Missouri

Pat G 02-05-2013 05:39 PM

Please understand that I mean no offense but what is it about the Ukraine that draws you to do such a generous thing when there is such a huge need for help in this country? I admit I know absolutely nothing about the Ukraine so that why I'm asking.

zazulka 02-05-2013 07:05 PM

I am 56 years old, born in Chicago IL, am full blooded Ukrainian, speak Ukrainian, and think Ukrainian. I have a lot of fabric that I would like to send to you, if you could give me your address. I have flowers, large print, small print, all colors. I would very much be honored to participate in your endevourses.
Feel free to contact me and we can set something up. PLEASE!!

NikkiLu 02-05-2013 07:12 PM

Welcome to the QB from another Missourian!!! How much fabric per apron do you need? I guess that you have already put up a notice for your church members to donate any extra fabric that they might have. Even older cotton skirts have a lot of fabric in them. Do you go to Goodwill stores as they even have colorful sheets at great prices, etc.

bluteddi 02-05-2013 07:26 PM

I went with a church group several years ago to the Ukraine...We were teaching at childrens camps.. it was so awesome.
The childrens were like sponges and wanted to know and learn as much as possible.They were so much more receptive and appreciative than most Aerican children.With the financing I'd go again in a heart beat...... Good luck on ur mission......

Judie 02-05-2013 08:38 PM

I have sent you a PM..

SewExtremeSeams 02-06-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by zazulka (Post 5841393)
I am 56 years old, born in Chicago IL, am full blooded Ukrainian, speak Ukrainian, and think Ukrainian. I have a lot of fabric that I would like to send to you, if you could give me your address. I have flowers, large print, small print, all colors. I would very much be honored to participate in your endevourses. My email address is
Feel free to contact me and we can set something up. PLEASE!!

Dear Sophie,
this website is a worldwide site. In order not to get hit with spam you should pm PatriceJ here on the board and ask her to take your email address off your post. Whenever you want to give someone your email address click on their boardname and choose 'send private message'. It is the safe way to communicate private info. Bless you.

Gerrie 02-06-2013 08:04 PM

I would be willing to make one or two and send them to you if I were to have a pattern or directions to make them and I would be willing to bet a lot of board members would to to help you out and help the ladies in the Ukraine

Nammie to 7 02-16-2013 06:28 PM

Check with your local quilt guild. Many times they have yards and yards of fabric that has been donated to them. They might be willing to share.