Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Can you show me your 'finds' for storage? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/can-you-show-me-your-finds-storage-t240427.html)

cindynvb 02-09-2014 06:20 PM

I use some of those ideas. I have a wire shelf that was meant to hang on the back of a door. I covered some bean cans with scrapbook paper and modge podge and store small stuff in them.
Cindy

gale 02-09-2014 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by peacefulquilting (Post 6557213)
I love the blue kitchen carts from Ikea - just wish I could figure out a good reason to buy one or two of them for myself . . .. ;)

I bought one (ordered it online-shipping is crazy expensive but would have been insanely expensive for shipping two) and it didn't fit in my sewing room where I wanted to use it. So I'm using it in my kitchen for a snack cart.

cherylmae 02-10-2014 07:57 AM

That was fun looking at all the great ideas. Thanks

4dogs 02-10-2014 09:50 PM

I have a stack of cat litter buckets from Sam's that hold various color scraps...like, a red bucket, a blue one, etc and I also have one that is kid scraps, one that is 5" and 6" blocks, and I use the plastic boxes that Sams cookies come in...I have them marked b y scrap sizes....2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2 squares.........I also have one for stripes by sizes, 2 in, 3 in, etc..I try to cut up my scraps as they accumulate, so I dont end up with a pile of stuff........I use pill bottles for sharps that are for the trash - I love the week long medication holders for holding bobbins.....since I have several machines, each pill holder has the machine name on it, so I know which holder to get for whichever machine I am using(found these at the dollar store) , I use the half bushel size baskets (from the farmers market) to hold things like "orphan blocks" and "panels fabrics" and things in progress -I have 2 plastic milk crate boxes that hold the "yuk" fabrics - you know, the kind that is too heavy for quilts or too thin - I use these for the dog shelter (use the thin fabric for the batting inside the heavy fabric beds) - I have my thread spools in a large , round flat cookie tin - I keep all the scissors in a paper covered coffee can (2 pd size) - I saved a few pretty jars that had Pepper Jelly and I use those for small things, all lined up on a shelf they look pretty......I have 2 large electrosol dishwasher powder buckets that I use as trash cans..one for real trash and one for bits of fabric, stuffing, etc that I use for stuffing kitty mats for the shelter - I use loose leaf notebooks (from thrift stores, usually for 50 cents to a dollar) for holding all the quilt patterns I get from on line sites - this is way too long, so I need to hush....this is such a good topic ..we all have things the others of us can use......

michelleoc 02-11-2014 07:53 AM

Oh, my gosh, what great ideas! I'm redesigning my room, and I'm going to "borrow" some of these ideas.

Country1 02-12-2014 04:32 AM

[QUOTE=luvTooQuilt;6556970]Wooden shoe cubby holds 1930's Fqs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]460675[/ATTACH]

Empty cascade tubs from Sams house scraps
[ATTACH=CONFIG]460677[/ATTACH]

I think you just won the award for " The Most Organized Scraps" I have EVER seen. Looks like you have a place for every scrap piece. You are VERY organized!!!!!!!!!! Your scraps, spools, and stash, I can only imagine how you have everything else organized. You are WELCOME to skip, hop and jump over to my house and organize ANY time you want! WOW. I am so impressed! Kuddos to you, wish I was as organized!

solstice3 02-14-2014 11:40 AM

super ideas. I use the clear plastic containers for sweaters and shoes. I use my scrapbook rolling tote to take projects to class

JuneBillie 02-27-2014 08:39 PM

I use one of those big colorful popcorn tins for scraps that someone gave us at Christmas time.

Zinda 02-28-2014 04:57 AM

I use a magnetic dish I purchased at Harbor Freight for my quilting safety pins. I think it's what mechanics use to corral the nuts and bolt when their working on a car.

M.I.Late 03-24-2014 07:07 PM

I hang my scissors on an old coffee cup tree. Right now it has s little chain of templates, my rotary cutters, scissors, a snake light, my pin and needle sharpening strawberry and a tape measure. (But it's supposed to just have scissors and rotary cutters on it). Go figure :-)