Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Come Tour My Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/come-tour-my-sewing-room-t214248.html)

vschieve 02-22-2013 09:32 PM

Do you sew in your pajamas too? I love it when I don't have to go anywhere and can stay home, all day, never get dressed and just sew sew sew!

running1 02-23-2013 07:09 AM

love it! a little jealous of your tv wireless capability!

MothrNatr 02-23-2013 07:27 PM

Love the setup you have. I like the way that you have all your rulers organized. I like having them all in one place in easy reach. Happy sewing :)
Sylvia

happyjunker 02-24-2013 07:20 AM

You all are so sweet! I love my place, and have started using my laptop more in here since it is so comfy and pretty. The cabinet is from the 60's. The machine and cabinet are identical to the one my Mom had, and I learned to sew on. I was not very smart when I gave it to a neighbor and bought a new cabinet that I thought was SO fancy and nice...and expensive! I had to replace the cabinet and machine as the Singer 401A will always be my favorite for both sentimental and functional reasons.

vschieve, I LOVE to sew in my pajamas! I love cotton knit clothes! I am not a fashionista, I am a comfortista!

Cindy A, this pattern is very easy. I added elastic to the back of the slipper just by making a little seam. I was afraid they wouldn't stay on very well. I am making a pair out of a solid royal blue baby bed bumper pad that I picked up for $1. There is enough fabric and batting there for me to make probably 4 or 5 pairs for $1! Save a lot of time sandwiching the fabric and batting too. I really do like the non stick grip on the bottom. Oh, and BTW... they wash up great!
And just to set the record straight... always, always,always buy your patterns on sale! $1.99 is the most I ever spend on a pattern. Oh yes... and have fun sewing!

wolph33 02-26-2013 05:32 AM

that is a wonderful sewing room-looks fun and cozy

Rosebird 02-26-2013 12:45 PM

My Quilter friend, what a lucky gal your are! Magnificently, beautifully well organized, you have just about everything. I its a lot of work but it's worthy. You enjoy every minute of it, Now you can create a Treasured Creation, Quilts, all the
Crafts,Dresses, but most of all you are enjoying and love it.

happyjunker 02-27-2013 08:18 PM

Thank you wolph33 and Rosebird. I have quite a collection of fun gadgets, but I did not amass them overnight. They are from years of collecting and trying different crafts. Sewing is my mainstay though, I must say.

slk350 02-27-2013 10:04 PM

Love it and the wood floor. I hate the carpet in my room

Painiacs 02-27-2013 10:22 PM

Darn no joanns, or any store like it! I live way up north,not a lot of stores!! Oh well....

Country1 02-28-2013 04:03 AM

Looks very organized! So happy for you. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!
I must confess, I to sew in my P.J.s on a regular basis. My DH gets a tickle out of me showering, only to put on clean ones for the day. To hang out at home with just the 2 of us. He laughs and says "I guess you'll be in the office today?"
I also but patterns on sale. Love the 5 for $5 sales.
Nothing like hanging out at home with my DH, in my P.J.s, doing what ever I decide I want to work on for the day. Makes me "Happy, Happy, Happy!"
Country1