Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Does your sewing space look like mine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/does-your-sewing-space-look-like-mine-t172352.html)

Michellesews 12-19-2011 12:35 PM

One of my "projects" of late is to make more storage/sewing space. I have gone vertical....I used to have my sewing machine/serger with a wall behind and realized if I moved those to the window, I could use the entire wall. I purchased some Azar peg boards from amazon.com and they are the best thing going....at least for me. I now have what I need at the cutting table, what I need at the sewing machine...but i have to be careful not to travel with tools...I am bad about that, and then they end up somewhere they should not be. I have tried to set up "zones"...cutting zone, pressing zone, sewing/serging zone, etc. They I purchased some plastic boxed with snap on lids, they are about 18 inches high and 9 inches across, nice size and will stack well. Each one has a different color of scraps in it....now I am waiting for my thread racks to arrive and that should help as well. It is always a work in progress it seems. But any vertical wall space is prime pickings!

rusty quilter 12-19-2011 04:12 PM

What ever space you have...is a good space! I too have a 1222--love it! I hope your creativity soars!

patdesign 12-19-2011 04:19 PM

OOOOH I want to come and play at your house. My sewing room is only 11 x 11, forget getting a long arm in, but it is packed to gills and I need more space. Been here over 26 years and retired, so theres no new big room in my future. Im just glad to have a sewing room instead of 2 guest rooms.:)

ladyshuffler 12-19-2011 10:57 PM

Very nice work space.............May I ask where you got your QUILT letters from???

Originally Posted by ksdot417 (Post 4790138)
This is my space. I was finally able to start from scratch when I had a little unexpected 'help' (a water leak). I have finally figured out how to move my space around so I can get halfway organized. Almost everything I have is one wheels now so it's easy to rearrange if the mood hits. Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff and a pretty big room to boot.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...albums878.html

Quiltaddict 12-20-2011 12:14 AM

Mine looks a lot worse than yours most of the time.

Jere 12-20-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4789820)
I got some shots of my sewing space while I am working in it, well you can't see me.lol Does yours look messy like mine? I am still trying to figure out how to get the most use out of my space. These photos are just a corner of my room of 24x26' where I do the sewing. I have fabric and a long arm machine and tons of stuff everywhere else. [ATTACH=CONFIG]296101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]296102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]296103[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]296104[/ATTACH]

I could be transplanted into your sewing space. Mine is so similar it is scary.

Grandma58 12-20-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by mama lyn (Post 4791023)
A messy studio is the sign of a creative mind! That's my motto and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Yep I think I am with you on that. Once in a while I like to clean up all the fuzzy stuff!

sewbeadit 12-20-2011 09:40 PM

Jere, that is too funny. I should have turned around and show the rest, but it is too unsorted to take a picture.lol Can't let that out on the net for everyone to see. One time I won second for the messiest bead room in our group.lol

Originally Posted by Jere (Post 4797763)
I could be transplanted into your sewing space. Mine is so similar it is scary.

sewbeadit 12-20-2011 09:45 PM

I agree with you Michellesews on the vertical space. I have my sewing tables against the wall too, one day I may change that. I am looking for good ideas for sure. Having only moved in a few months ago and then starting on Christmas sewing I haven't had a lot of time to really think of what to do. I like the vertical thinking. I also have a cutting table behind where I sit at the sewing machine and a table with a studio cutter on it next to that. I am trying to fit some more bookcases/storage cases behind maybe the studio table. I still want others to be able to come and sew with me so need to leave a spot for them:)

Originally Posted by Michellesews (Post 4794948)
One of my "projects" of late is to make more storage/sewing space. I have gone vertical....I used to have my sewing machine/serger with a wall behind and realized if I moved those to the window, I could use the entire wall. I purchased some Azar peg boards from amazon.com and they are the best thing going....at least for me. I now have what I need at the cutting table, what I need at the sewing machine...but i have to be careful not to travel with tools...I am bad about that, and then they end up somewhere they should not be. I have tried to set up "zones"...cutting zone, pressing zone, sewing/serging zone, etc. They I purchased some plastic boxed with snap on lids, they are about 18 inches high and 9 inches across, nice size and will stack well. Each one has a different color of scraps in it....now I am waiting for my thread racks to arrive and that should help as well. It is always a work in progress it seems. But any vertical wall space is prime pickings!

Grandma58 12-21-2011 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if you can see the wire containers, I love them 15" square, black so I only see the fabric. They contain things so well and the piles do not fall into each other. I got mine at Target and put several sets together using cable ties, which Target did not have.

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4799092)
I agree with you Michellesews on the vertical space. I have my sewing tables against the wall too, one day I may change that. I am looking for good ideas for sure. Having only moved in a few months ago and then starting on Christmas sewing I haven't had a lot of time to really think of what to do. I like the vertical thinking. I also have a cutting table behind where I sit at the sewing machine and a table with a studio cutter on it next to that. I am trying to fit some more bookcases/storage cases behind maybe the studio table. I still want others to be able to come and sew with me so need to leave a spot for them:)