Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Great idea to store rulers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/great-idea-store-rulers-t219550.html)

Sheri.a 04-19-2013 05:58 PM

Great idea to store rulers

1 Attachment(s)
I love Craftsy and saw these hints on a class Traditional Blocks made Simple (instructor Anita Grossman Solomon). Since I share my sewing space with my dining room, a matching wooden trash can for the rulers really works. The second valuable hint was putting the ruler size in bright pink on each ruler.

My first picture post - hope it works!

lfstamper 04-19-2013 06:00 PM

Thanks for sharing the great ideas!

Grandma Peg 04-19-2013 06:03 PM

That is a good way to keep them together.

Nammie to 7 04-19-2013 07:12 PM

The only time my rulers and cutting mat get put away is when we are having company for dinner. Other than that they are always on the island in my kitchen ready to use.

amyjo 04-19-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 (Post 6013857)
The only time my rulers and cutting mat get put away is when we are having company for dinner. Other than that they are always on the island in my kitchen ready to use.

where abouts do you live in Rapid City. I have a sister who lives there also, plus I have one who has some property in the general area.

RGAY 04-20-2013 03:56 AM

Another ruler idea that I have just recently tried and like is to put your rulers in one of those file separator stands - 4-5 slots for file folders - it holds all sizes of rulers and can sit right on your table or work surface. If I left my rulers on the floor, my pooches would be all over them!! So much for smooth edges..... :shock:

RGAY 04-20-2013 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sheri.a (Post 6013749)
I love Craftsy and saw these hints on a class Traditional Blocks made Simple (instructor Anita Grossman Solomon). Since I share my sewing space with my dining room, a matching wooden trash can for the rulers really works. The second valuable hint was putting the ruler size in bright pink on each ruler.

My first picture post - hope it works!

OH, and congratulations on your first photo post! I accomplished mine just yesterday - it's a proud feeling, isn't it!?

Monika 04-20-2013 04:40 AM

What a good idea.....thanks for the pic!!!

yellowwroses 04-20-2013 05:20 AM

We are originally from Black Hills area and go to Rapid City often. Live in Wy now. Love the shops there and hope to move back as soon as retire.

darlenedowns 04-20-2013 06:25 AM

If you have a craftsy husband he could build you a medicine looking cabinet with doors and stained cherry wood. Make it 2 inches taller that your tallest ruler and thickness about 4 in wide that way it looks like a piece of furniture in your dining room and houses your rulers yet still is hidden from others. Yet your ideal really works well and I do like it a lot.