Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Hope you're impressed izy!! Sewing room sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/hope-youre-impressed-izy-sewing-room-sorted-t184528.html)

CoventryUK 03-31-2012 06:20 AM

Hope you're impressed izy!! Sewing room sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Attachment(s)
A few weeks ago my wonderful QB friend Izy spent 3 days sorting my mountain of fabrics into order!! I have now done the rest of the room!!!!!!!!!! I took lots of magazines to my sewing group to be recycled, sold some surplus books/notions etc and have now reorganised the rest!!! Why did it take me so many years to realise heavy boxes need to be on lower shelves??DUH!!!!! So here are some pics!! My room is 9'x7'(we don't do large in the UK!!!) I never thought I could be so organised!!! Thanks Izy!!! You are an inspiration!!!!!

Wine Woman 03-31-2012 06:40 AM

Friends are wondeful-especially those who just give us a little nudge and stay by our side! Your sewing area looks great! Doesn't it feel good to walk in the room and be able to find the things you need instead of hunting for them? Enjoy!

sharon b 03-31-2012 06:44 AM

Nice room ! Wish I had someone come organize me :)

buslady 03-31-2012 06:51 AM

Great job, I am inspired!

Izy 03-31-2012 07:06 AM

WOW Hilary, it doesn't look like the same room! You have worked SO much harder than I did, I had the easy bit playing with fabrics!

I am so proud of you...especially as you have been so debilitated with a painful back condition for a few weeks too so I know this wasn't easy for you!

AND I spy some crumb blocks on your sewing table, so look forward to seeing more of those soon!

Have to laugh at your wall plaque...it's SO NOT TRUE!!!!! :) :) :)

CoventryUK 03-31-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 5104748)
WOW Hilary, it doesn't look like the same room! You have worked SO much harder than I did, I had the easy bit playing with fabrics!

I am so proud of you...especially as you have been so debilitated with a painful back condition for a few weeks too so I know this wasn't easy for you!

AND I spy some crumb blocks on your sewing table, so look forward to seeing more of those soon!

Have to laugh at your wall plaque...it's SO NOT TRUE!!!!! :) :) :)

Haha!! Thanks Izy!!! I was so overwhelmed with all that fabric! Didn't know where to start!!!!! You pointed me in the right direction!!!

Izy 03-31-2012 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 5104761)
Haha!! Thanks Izy!!! I was so overwhelmed with all that fabric! Didn't know where to start!!!!! You pointed me in the right direction!!!

I aim to please! I just hope you start to enjoy your lovely sewing room now! I wish I had one just like it, it is a lovely room to be creative in now! :)

CoventryUK 03-31-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5104691)
Nice room ! Wish I had someone come organize me :)

If you are one of the winners of the big lottery I would be willing to 'rent' Izy for a 'reasonable' fee!!!!!!!!!:D

Izy 03-31-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 5104769)
If you are one of the winners of the big lottery I would be willing to 'rent' Izy for a 'reasonable' fee!!!!!!!!!:D

Hey, I am quite capable of 'renting' myself out! Tee hee!...I hear someone from Maryland has won it! :O

CoventryUK 03-31-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 5104795)
Hey, I am quite capable of 'renting' myself out! Tee hee!...I hear someone from Maryland has won it! :O

But I'd be your 'Agent'!!!!!hehe!!:thumbup: