Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   If you could have the sewing room of your choice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/if-you-could-have-sewing-room-your-choice-t118111.html)

rburnitt 04-22-2011 07:31 PM

What would you have in your sewing room?
New ideas, your best creations, or others best.
I need all the ideas I can get.

sandraa 04-22-2011 07:37 PM

Lots of good natural lighting and tons of storage.

luckylindy333 04-22-2011 07:39 PM

big- mine is too small, and lots of open storeage

dunster 04-22-2011 07:40 PM

Other than space for fabrics, cutting table, sewing machines, ironing station, longarm? I would like to have a beautiful view overlooking a meadow, with mountains beyond. Then I would really enjoy being in that room.

GGinMcKinney 04-22-2011 07:43 PM

Lots of natural light, tables at the height best for me, wall hanging I made, lots of neat tidy storage. All white furniture so the fabrics provide the colors. I would like a floor other than carpet. A tv at a height I could view from my sewing position. A computer & printer for checking quilting sites.

bamamama 04-22-2011 07:44 PM

I like a U shaped work station where I piece quilts so that I can have a pressing surface on the left and a place to stack pcs to be sewn together to the right. At least I am more productive if I work like that.

cjomomma 04-22-2011 07:47 PM

All the items mentioned plus a design wall.

TonnieLoree 04-22-2011 08:08 PM

4 x 8 ft, waist high cutting table, with plenty of under table storage. Rubber mats all around it. A peg board to hold all unused cutters, scissors and rulers. A cordless drill. A wall where you could slide on 4 or 5 rolls of different battings and could pull out to cut on the cutting table. A design wall, huge! No need to fold up because it would be built specifically for that spot. A separate area with a washer and dryer, toilet and deep sink. A hydraulic roof and ceiling to let in the fresh air. A lounging area with a massaging chair, TV and surround sound stereo. A wet bar, mini-sink, small dishwasher and microwave. A cat walk so my kitty could follow me around from above. She would have a cornered spot up there with a bed. Cabinets, all filled with organized fabrics; every color of the rainbow. Scrap bins the size of New Jersey that I could roll around in. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh no, it was all a dream. Rats!

litacats 04-22-2011 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
4 x 8 ft, waist high cutting table, with plenty of under table storage. Rubber mats all around it. A peg board to hold all unused cutters, scissors and rulers. A cordless drill. A wall where you could slide on 4 or 5 rolls of different battings and could pull out to cut on the cutting table. A design wall, huge! No need to fold up because it would be built specifically for that spot. A separate area with a washer and dryer, toilet and deep sink. A hydraulic roof and ceiling to let in the fresh air. A lounging area with a massaging chair, TV and surround sound stereo. A wet bar, mini-sink, small dishwasher and microwave. A cat walk so my kitty could follow me around from above. She would have a cornered spot up there with a bed. Cabinets, all filled with organized fabrics; every color of the rainbow. Scrap bins the size of New Jersey that I could roll around in. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh no, it was all a dream. Rats!

A lot better than my dream night before last.
I have the 4+8 cutting table my machines embroidery longarm and bed plus much more but no house to put it in :thumbdown: :thumbdown: But good news the new house is only 15 weeks away. :thumbup: :lol:

gigi10 04-22-2011 09:06 PM

my list is to long for me to type. I agree with all the wish lists. The truth is we sew where we have a spot. I have seen 4 quilters all around a dining table, sewing like crazy, laughing, eating and this is only a weekend. We were just happy to be there. We even fed a husand.