Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Just finished cataloging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/just-finished-cataloging-t181411.html)

sweetana3 03-02-2012 02:04 PM

Just finished cataloging

I posted earlier about cataloging all my quilt books and leaflets. When finished I ended up with 952.

Today I went thru my boxes of patterns and quilt kits (at least the ones in the rooms upstairs.) I have 39 quilt kits that have patterns. I did not count the stacks of material that is organized but not identified with a pattern yet.

I have approx 425 patterns of all kinds and the spreadsheet lists them by type. Whew.

Again, it was a good exercise so I realize that adding to this stash is not productive. I need to pull out and sew (when I finish the Civil War Tribute top).

I got up from the computer and could not get out of the room due to the boxes all around.

Ana

doesnt count the work I am doing on BOMs currently for 2012.

DonnaC 03-02-2012 07:06 PM

This is exactly why I am afraid to catalog what I have! I guess we're all pretty much quilting hoarders....

Mousie 03-02-2012 07:08 PM

I catalog all fabric and notion purchases, but have never, ever, ever totaled them. I don't have a heart condition, but I call not totaling preventitive medicine, lol! :)

Lori S 03-02-2012 07:20 PM

I think you have a very large library. I thought I had alot... but nothing in comparision. I can see why you would need to catalog them.

Vanuatu Jill 03-02-2012 07:53 PM

My head spins thinking about it all!! And I thought I had allot of books-I have never bought a kit, though. I also seem to amass a hoard of patterns I get off the internet!! I have 3 notebooks full, plus a notebook with just Xmas themed "stuff". I might, someday, go thru those notebooks, and get rid of stuff I no longer want to make, but for now, they can take pride of place on the bottom shelf.

sweetana3 03-03-2012 03:12 AM

Smile. this does not include the lateral file cabinet drawers full of 25 years of clippings. It is way too much and I acknowledge this fact. I still cannot pass a quilters garage or estate sale and the word "sale" calls to me. When the library has a sale (7 times a year), I have my spot in line all picked out and get there 1 hour early to get first look and choice. We have 4 Half price book locations in our city and one of them puts 50 cent prices on $20 quilting books because they dont know any better.

The BEST thing about this exercise is that I found 11 yards of a Civil War fabric that I can use for our local shop's BOM setting for 2012. I dont know when, where, or how much I spent but there is no way I would have bought it at a full retail price at a quilt store. It was in a box with a pattern that did not even call for 11 yards. What was I thinking?

sweetana3 03-03-2012 03:13 AM

Smile. this does not include the lateral file cabinet drawers full of 25 years of clippings. It is way too much and I acknowledge this fact. I still cannot pass a quilters garage or estate sale and the word "sale" calls to me. When the library has a sale (7 times a year), I have my spot in line all picked out and get there 1 hour early to get first look and choice. We have 4 Half price book locations in our city and one of them puts 50 cent prices on $20 quilting books because they dont know any better.

The BEST thing about this exercise is that I found 11 yards of a Civil War fabric that I can use for our local shop's BOM setting for 2012. I dont know when, where, or how much I spent but there is no way I would have bought it at a full retail price at a quilt store. It was in a box with a pattern that did not even call for 11 yards. What was I thinking

craftiladi 03-03-2012 05:14 AM

Oh My.....that was a task...yes sometimes organizing can really open our eyes.

soniboo 03-03-2012 04:56 PM

Wow, congrats on getting it all done! Good for you!:)

soniboo 03-03-2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie (Post 5026398)
I catalog all fabric and notion purchases, but have never, ever, ever totaled them. I don't have a heart condition, but I call not totaling preventitive medicine, lol! :)

That's funny mousie:D