Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Like a kid in a candy store! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/like-kid-candy-store-t243078.html)

Trisher 03-12-2014 04:32 PM

Like a kid in a candy store!

1 Attachment(s)
The comic book boards I ordered have arrived in the mail today! I have begun to sort and fold. One plastic bin down and about a zillion to go. I am having so much fun rediscovering fabric I forgot I had. And the scraps that are too small to go on the boards are getting ironed and sorted by colour. Feels good!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466884[/ATTACH]

lfstamper 03-12-2014 04:36 PM

Looks so streamlined! Can't wait to see it all done.

michelleoc 03-12-2014 05:26 PM

ooooh, pretty!

Lizard 03-12-2014 06:21 PM

I've been doing this with mine as well. I had way more fabric than I thought I did too. Originally I bought one package, then when back and bought three more. I still have two unopened, but I'm debating shorter cuts and anything over four or five yards. When I originally started wrapping it I remember stacking it up and thinking "there's no way I have this much" but apparently I do. Looks so pretty this way though.

Amythyst02 03-13-2014 03:20 AM

looks good, great start and won't it be nice to see what you have at a glance now : )

Sophie2 03-13-2014 04:53 AM

I'm sure you will be thrilled with the final results. I did this with my stash a year or so ago and do not regret the time it took me to get it organized. I feel like I am walking into a mini quilt shop every time I walk in my studio. It is also so much easier to "shop" my stash when I want to start a new project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Kris P 03-13-2014 04:57 AM

Beautiful fabrics! I ruler fold mine, but also love that they are all uniform and easy to see all at a glance. I do need to sort my scraps again... especially the very small snippets.

Quiltlady330 03-14-2014 06:51 AM

Congratulations. You will be so glad you did this!

Diana Lea 03-14-2014 07:16 AM

I too did this a few years ago. Then I put them in filing cabinets. They stay clean and out of the sun. You will enjoy you fabric much more. Keep up the good work.

Snooze2978 03-14-2014 08:29 AM

I also use the comic book boards for my fabric. Yesterday I got started reorganizing them again as I'm running out of room. I found I have fat quarters and 1/2 yds. on boards so I removed them. I used to have them sitting upward as your photo shows but I find I like them better sitting lengthwise so the boards don't bend. My shelves are the perfect depth that I can push the boards to the back and they'll stick out just right for me to see what I have. The top shelf I'll have to keep standing up as I'm not tall enough to see over them. Still working at organizing them today. Can't wait to see how yours look when you're done. You'll feel a big accomplishment when you're done I'm sure of it.