Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Feet are Killing Me!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-feet-killing-me-t219916.html)

Yankeegirl 04-24-2013 05:57 PM

My Feet are Killing Me!!

Ugh! I have spent the past two days sorting, washing, drying, ironing and folding a stash that I inherited from my beloved sister. She passed away in January and my niece has given me all of her crafting supplies. Her fabric was stored in totes in her basement but it still ended up getting musty smelling. I feel very fortunate to be given all this and I spent these past two days talking out loud to her (what were you thinking when you bought this lol) and missing her terribly. I plan on honoring her by completing a yo-yo quilt she had started and giving it to my niece. Anyway... my feet hurt lol. I don't care if I see the ironing board again for at least a month! I have decided to take over the front room of the house and use it as my sewing room. My hubby is going to help me make a workbench this weekend - once I have everything in place I will post some pics.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!!

Heather G.

Cookie46 04-24-2013 06:17 PM

So sorry for your loss. I know your niece will treasure the yo-yo quilt always.

ragamuffin 04-24-2013 06:23 PM

Soak those feet in Epsom salts. It is know to draw out the soreness. Of course, a hubby massaging them would help too. Looking forward to the pics.

BDawn 04-24-2013 06:27 PM

I am glad you were blessed with wonderful sister, they are special and I pray that the many memories you have will always be there for you. She probably is smiling and saying yes I liked that material and I was going to make....

amyjo 04-24-2013 08:34 PM

so sorry for your loss. Just think of all the wonderful quilts you can make with the stash your sister had. It was also very nice of your niece to think of you and give it to you.

Yankeegirl 04-25-2013 03:10 AM

Thank you all - this is our first sibling loss so it has been hard. She was the oldest and I am the youngest. And yes I will make wonderful things with all the great fabric I have. Tucker (my puppy) and I are going to work on organizing things today. I'm very excited to have my own space - been trying to use the diningroom all this time and having to put it all away for dinner was a pain lol! Will let you all know how its going - thanks again! Oh and ragamuffin I did soak my feet - Im suprised you didnt hear me sighing lol.

paulswalia 04-25-2013 04:24 AM

I too lost a dear quilting friend in December 2011 and inherited her stash. You will be talking to your sister for a LONG time using up her supplies. I send my condolences and wishes for warm memories.

Country1 04-25-2013 04:41 AM

Sorry for your loss, I know there is nothing to say except, " My prayers our with you and your family." You are lucky to have such a treasure. In time, I hope when you quilt, you can feel like she is there with you!
Once, again I am very sorry for your loss!
Country1

WMUTeach 04-25-2013 04:59 AM

I was blessed, as you were, with my sister-in-laws stash and supplies about 8 years ago and I am far from using up the stash and still discovering the uses for some of her supplies and love searching through her books and notes. It is like a treasure hunt full of memories every time I go looking for the next quilt project. I also made a point to use some of her fabric in baby quilts for her children's babies, her grandchildren. It has been a joy to work with her choices and to carry on her passion. She is only a needle stitch away when I ever I sew.

rebeljane 04-25-2013 06:02 AM

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and you family!