Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My "new" Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-new-sewing-room-t183800.html)

callen 03-23-2012 11:37 AM

My "new" Sewing Room

4 Attachment(s)
My DH has just finished re-doing my sewing room. He made 2 desk tops with recesses for my Bernina 820 & my Juki 98Q. I also have included a couple of vintage machines which I have displayed.
He than added some drawers & finished with a separate table for my Babylock Serger which I can move out of the way whan I am not using it. Hope these turn out. I LOVE it.

Wagoza 03-23-2012 11:48 AM

So when can you send your hubby this way to work on my room. I am so green with envy... but happy for you.
Denise

mighty 03-23-2012 11:57 AM

It is such an awesome room!!!

joysewer 03-23-2012 02:28 PM

Your room looks great!!!

Sewfine 03-23-2012 02:42 PM

Your sewing room is awesome. Love how the vintage sewing machines are displayed. Oh! by the way I just got my vintage sewing machine today from a seller on craigslist gulfport. It is a singer spartan. Needs a new belt, did not come with any attachments or bobbin. I will take a picture of it and post it later.

ShabbyTabby 03-23-2012 02:45 PM

How lucky you have such a handy Hubby!!! Your sewing room is great. Wish I had a space so organized and plenty of room to work in....

Linnie 03-23-2012 03:20 PM

WOW!!! I love it.

callen 03-23-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sewfine (Post 5085386)
Your sewing room is awesome. Love how the vintage sewing machines are displayed. Oh! by the way I just got my vintage sewing machine today from a seller on craigslist gulfport. It is a singer spartan. Needs a new belt, did not come with any attachments or bobbin. I will take a picture of it and post it later.

A friend of mine just sent me an email asking me if I am interested in getting a Singer Spartan - OMG I have just picked up 5 machines in the past 6 weeks. She knows someone who has one & wants to get rid of it. The pic I saw of one on the internet looks very similar to the FW that I just purchased my eBay Canada. I don't know what to say as I am running out of room. My "dream" is to get a Singer "red eye" but it's a big dream as they are very hard to come by where I live.

callen 03-23-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by ShabbyTabby (Post 5085397)
How lucky you have such a handy Hubby!!! Your sewing room is great. Wish I had a space so organized and plenty of room to work in....

I should also point out that the lovely shelf on the right side of the room was made by DH. He's a keeper for sure.

callen 03-23-2012 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wagoza (Post 5085046)
So when can you send your hubby this way to work on my room. I am so green with envy... but happy for you.
Denise

You wouldn't want him today as he is sick with a cold & a little "cranky" LOL