Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Sewing Nook (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-nook-t181008.html)

amyjo 03-03-2012 08:19 AM

I think I would go to Menard's or another cheaper building place and see if they have 4 ft countertops for sale (here they are about $10 for 1) and have it setting where you have the tv trays. get some type of legs that can be attached underneath and you are good to go for a sturdier sewing space.

QuiltnNan 03-06-2012 10:16 AM

it's compact, but seems to have what you need, at least for now :)

3TreeFrog 03-10-2012 02:28 PM

Hi

I am so happy for you! It's nice to have a space you can call your own.

I HAD a spot until my accident last summer where I came close to loosing my left hand! Now that things are working again, it is time I go re-claim my space!

Enjoy your space and your time in your space!

Louise

karen924 03-11-2012 07:54 AM

I love how organized you are. You've made great use of space.

CindyA 03-11-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5018426)
Just an idea, but I've been needing a long small table for one of my machines and Walmart has a table with legs that fold up in the furniture section that is 4 ft long and 20 or 24 inches wide that looks very sturdy. It's $24. I'm thinking of buying one if I can't find something cheaper used. You might want to look at it. You could put plastic drawers under it for storage.

I got one that sounds like this and am happy with it. It's heavy duty plastic so easy to clean if you have to store in garage/shed. also, I have the plastic drawers on wheels, but mine is a little taller and has narrower sized drawers at the top which come in very handy. Like your space! I need the cover for machine like you have to keep dust out.

Suze9395 03-17-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5016578)
...one of the hospital bedside table to put your machine on? You know the ones that you can raise and lower and that has nice rollers on the feet. I'm thinking I need to be on the lookout for one of those!

I have thought about getting one of those tables to use in the living room, handwork, trimming blocks, using a hand crank machine to do paper piecing. But, are they stable? Would it shake and rattle? It would be so handy and convenient.

Chasing Hawk 03-17-2012 03:47 PM

It looks quite cozy!!

We when we moved into our current house three years ago. My husband picked the larger of the two extra bedrooms for my sewing room. Since I acquired a Long arm frame my sewing room has taken over the spare bedroom "aka the cat's bedroom"......lol

Denise_the_Quilt_Lady 03-18-2012 07:10 PM

I am so impressed by all of you who can make such incredible use of small spaces. I am more the spread out kind of person. My sewing space in the basement is so cramped and unworkable for me that i am moving it to the patio. literally! we will have ground breaking on the new room very soon. it will be 20 by 30 feet and include two office/computer spaces (one for me and one for him) and it will also have a sitting area and tons of space for my new "studio" i will be blogging it as it happens for those who are interested.