Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My sewing room was getting outta hand!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-room-getting-outta-hand-t234062.html)

mighty 11-06-2013 06:59 AM

Sounds like it really worked out great for you , a little alone time and organized your room!!!

mjhaess 11-06-2013 07:34 AM

I know how good you must feel. It is always nice to know where things are without having to search for them..

Sewfine 11-06-2013 07:47 AM

Hooray for you. Will you be posting pictures of your sewing room?

Tiggersmom 11-06-2013 02:23 PM

ROFLOL,,,,,,,,I'm only a short distance in Arizona, can you come to my house after you are finished in Texas????

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 6388465)
Good for you! That is something I need to do and when I walk in it looks so messy I usually just walk back out. I can throw my hubby out of the house if you want to come over and do it again. LOL

ube quilting 11-06-2013 02:37 PM

Sleep tight, now. You have done well.
peace

mrsponcho1 11-06-2013 03:21 PM

Today I was just telling my ddil how I missed my dh going away on long weekends with his buddies - they use to go to a state park and ride 4-wheelers. He hasn't been in over a year. I use to do as I pleased. I would clean like crazy the first day and then play the rest of the time. I guess that means that he enjoys my company so much that he doesn't want to go anywhere...lol. He still rides but just here on our property...no dare devil stuff anymore. Now I am the one that goes off on retreats with friends...my how things have changed...lol

IBQUILTIN 11-06-2013 05:24 PM

Ahhhhhhhh, inspiration. I have cleaned and recleaned this sewing room while I am waiting to get my new room set up in the garage. My long arm is just waiting to be assembled and put to use. I can hardly wait, and have to because my SIL is my herohelper and I need to wait for him to be available. But everything is ready for it. Glad you got yours done and can enjoy the space

coastienest 11-06-2013 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 6389793)
Oh, I so understand you! My husband was US Navy and out of 20 years, 16 were sea-going. (Probably to get away from me! HA!) One gets used to alone time in the evenings. Now, three years into retirement, I love it when he goes to choir practice on Wednesday nights and i can be alone and do what I want in my sewing room. I could go there when he's home...I just feel like I can't! Someone asked me why I wasn't in the choir. If they only knew!! Good for you for getting so much done!

Coopah, my husband spent 21 years in the Coast Guard and I too spent a lot of time by myself with the kids. Funny thing now is that he gets up at 3:45 each morning for work gets home again at 5:30 pm and is in bed by 7:30 again. I have gotten used to that, so if he for some reason is up till 8 or so, I'm getting antsy to go down to my "domain". Terrible I know, but true. Hey, makes for a long marriage though, right? Stitch 124 sounds as if you could join us and we could write our own "free time tickets" for life. Love it!.

Stitch124 11-07-2013 05:27 AM

Oh and I am a craigslist junkie....I practically decorated my entire sewing room in craigslist furniture finds. Here's my latest...for my fabric cabinet.... DVD/CD bins....to organize my growing scrap collection as well as my FQ collection. The lady is selling 50 for $35.00! I don't think I'll need all 50, but I have friends, family and a quilt guild that sure could find a use for some of these.
http://images.craigslist.org/01010_8...VT_600x450.jpg

Debbie C 11-07-2013 05:56 AM

any day I can get to cleaning/organizing my quilt studio is a good day as I work so much more efficiently when things are in good order. Retirement, thankfully, affords me the time to enjoy this wonderful passion we share.