Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Need help with Gracie King set up in Queen size. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/need-help-gracie-king-set-up-queen-size-t207741.html)

Battle Axe 12-07-2012 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by kitsykeel (Post 5703160)
Hi Battle Axe,

Yes, there is the Utzman Chambers House circa 1819 in Salisbury, NC. House and Garden tour open to public April-November Saturdays 1-4 p.m. It is one of the few surviving Federal-Period Townhouses in Piedmont North Carolina. For more info you can call 704-633-5946 or go online and see picture of the house. Do you have a connection to the Chambers?

Yes, I am a Chambers.

weezie 12-07-2012 05:40 AM

I have a Janome 1600 and a metal frame that I put together at it's full 12' length several years ago; then I had to dismantle it when my son came back home to live and took over my 'frame space'. Construction and de-construction of the frame was do-able by myself; I can see very well up close and am quite limber, so getting down onto the floor and back up again (many times!) was not a problem. I have the manual downstairs, but have to go get ready to go with hubby to his doctor's appointment, so I will check back here this afternoon and can perhaps answer your question re: the legs.

BCaplette 12-07-2012 05:54 AM

My husband purchased a Lil Gracie for me a couple of years ago. We have moved it a couple of times to different area and always have taken the legs off. Mine it set to be able to go from crib to kings size. Unfortunately I have never used it. :( I have a standard machine and tried it once but not coordinated enough to get the movement down. Maybe if I purchased a regulator I would actually use it for more than a table to set my machine and cutting mat on. I truly would love to learn how to use it and quilt larger projects. Anyway back to your question. my husband says to definitely take off the legs. Hope this helps:)

Cindy Shaw 12-07-2012 09:12 AM

I can't help either, but have the Gracie and the Juki that originally come with the frame. I bought it used and am still trying to figure everything out. Will watch this thread for help.

topstitch 12-07-2012 10:13 AM

go to the Grace web site. I don't recall the address but if you Google it, it is there. They list their frames and then give a print out on assembling them.

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 5700974)
Just bought a used, but not abused, Gracie King frame with Janome 1600. It was set up crib size and we took part of it apart to move it. Now I want it queen size, my cataracts are acting up, my hip hurts with I get up and down and I just need a little encouragement.

Is there anyone with one set up in queen size? Did you have to take all the legs off before you could get the bed together?

Did I mention that I can't wait to get it up?

Marcia aka Battle Axe

nightquilter 12-08-2012 10:17 PM

I have the gracie, no you do not take all the legs off, this is set up sort of in sections you can build the extra and add it to the middle(I think) I will ask my husband to be sure and let you know if different.this is good frame, you will enjoy it .