Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New Sewing table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-sewing-table-t215137.html)

Carol34446 02-28-2013 06:44 PM

New Sewing table

1 Attachment(s)
I don't really have a space to sew. Got a used folding computer table today for $50. (new $133 and up) that is 48-30 and machine, some anyway will fit down where keyboard goes. Will make sure it is sturdy enough for machines but now I will have a place to sew and can put it up when not in use. It is big enough to keep quilt up off floor while sewing on it. Very sturdy and holds up to 100lbs of computer.[ATTACH=CONFIG]398809[/ATTACH]Saw it at a freinds house and asked about buying it and then started looking on line, called for find out where he got it and lady who looks after him (he has altzhimers) who it belonged to said she would sell it. I know this is very sturdy as it was hands on. Now to find some space. Anyone want a Rat Terrier????
Carol

vondae 02-28-2013 06:54 PM

Congratulations. Looks like a winner. Did she tell you where she bought it? You know you wouldn't part with your furry little friend. Happy sewing.

mighty 02-28-2013 07:27 PM

Looks like a great table!!!

Amythyst02 03-01-2013 04:29 AM

Looks like agreat table for you, but what does the "rat terrier" have to do with it??? Poor little fellow guess hes looking for a new home and does not know it : ) I would sure miss my baby if she were not around, and I bet you would miss yours too : )

Glenda m 03-01-2013 05:48 AM

Love the table. Use your space well, grasshopper. As for the terrier...at my house, that is spelled terrior. But I love my Chewie to pieces. He and our chiweenie, Timmy, keep us laughing most of the time.

damaquilts 03-01-2013 06:30 AM

I had one of those for the longest time. They do work well.

joycet 03-01-2013 07:19 AM

We lost our male rat terrier last Aug. I miss him so much. Of course I'll take yours. I'm sure my female Emma would love him too.

hugs
joyce

michelleoc 03-01-2013 07:22 AM

What a great idea for a table!

qltgrose 03-01-2013 07:38 AM

A friend of mine had one like that one time, she loved it! DUH me..I looked at the legs thought it had casters...never mind...she DID love the table! :)

Carol34446 03-01-2013 09:17 AM

We breed Rat Terriers, that take up space I could have for sewing. But I sure do love them. Have some males around a year I would happily give to good forever homes and I would be making me a little more space too. I think table will work great too, and was so happy I got it used as I knew what it was first hand and less than half the cost of new. With all the meds and Dr.s that is a help. She got it from a friend and it didn't fit in the room at Wayne's so it wasn't being used and I saw it. Only thing it needs is a rubber foot for one leg.
Thanks and all the talk and picture on here made me think outside the box.