Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organized Chaos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organized-chaos-t169591.html)

Sienna's GiGi 11-23-2011 02:27 PM

Y'all make me feel sooooo good about myself and my sewing space. Its good to know that I am normal. I am a hoarder too so I also applaud y'all for showing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltnNan 11-23-2011 03:54 PM

mine doesn't look as neat and organized as yours right now :)

barri1 11-23-2011 04:23 PM

One day I will take pictures.. but mine are stacked in six sweater containers.. Think I'd have a little anxiety with all of that.. I'm in a one bedroom apartment, and am working on five crumb chaos quilts at the same time.. You bet I'm having a problem with all of it.. If you want to part with any of it, PM me.. I'd be glad to pay for shipping.. I'm looking for scraps..
Barri

Canada Kate 11-23-2011 04:51 PM

I think it's awesome that those of you who posted pictures *have* a sewing room. Who cares what's in it? As long as you can work, that's all that matters. I am neat freak too, and when my sewing room is built, it will be neat-ish. As far as I am concerned, the sewing room is like the bedroom of a teenager: if you don't want to look at it, close the door.

jillnjo 11-23-2011 04:59 PM

Wow- I can't begin to imagine all the great quilts and craft projects that could come out of that room!!! Stay busy and don't worry about it if it don't bother you!

LindaM 11-23-2011 05:03 PM

Yup, looks like home :) My pink flamingo is a Shari Lewis "Lambkin"

KerryK 11-23-2011 06:36 PM

That would drive me nuts! BUT, if it works for you, it's your room and that is all that counts! They look like fun rooms, and they show lots of personality. So what's wrong with them? Absolutely nothing! You go, Girls!

annthreecats 11-23-2011 06:50 PM

I can only say I wish I had the stash I see in those pictures. My fabric stash fits in a large plastic tub and it's not quite full, so I'm a little envious.

earthwalker 11-23-2011 06:54 PM

Yay...I'm not alone...no pink flamingo, but a Golly my step-sons bought for my birthday....I am endeavouring to reform my hoarding ways....but when it comes to my half of the workroom (my husband has the other half)....well chaos is an understatement.....but the dogs find it comfy. As I type they are sleeping under the computer and the sewing table. Can't tidy up now...might wake them:)

Barbm 11-23-2011 07:03 PM

I'm in the process of "cleaning" mine. I was to take over my son's bedroom as a sewing room but hubby said we still needed a guest room (he is right, darn) so I painted and bought some antique furniture. Right now I am unpacking boxes and realized this isn't going to work. I put my machine and some things in the closet- so I can just close the doors and no one will see the mess. But there's no where to spread out and cut, etc. So I'm back to my idea of redoing the basement into a room. I'm going to post pics soon. My "mess" is currently on the dining room table but I'm off to pack it up so we can actually eat at the table tomorrow. Thought about the formal living room because we don't use it, but I just cleaned and organized there and I don't want to mess it up. Sigh, where am I going to sew?