Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organizing in Glass Jars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organizing-glass-jars-t206786.html)

nstitches4u 11-25-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats (Post 5676993)
What a clever idea. Your curtains are great.

I wish I could store my knitting needles and crochet hooks like that but the cats would have them all over everywhere if I left them out. I have to put all the cat play toys in drawers and sometimes that doesn't keep them out.

Cats are "very helpful" when you are trying to sew. I was adding elastic to a pair of basketball shorts for my grandson yesterday. I was feeding the elastic through the waistband and I was getting some resistance. I looked down to see my kitty pulling on the other end of the elastic. It is kind of like having two 2 year olds when my kitties try to help me.

KyKaren1949 11-25-2012 11:10 AM

I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!

Geri B 11-25-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 (Post 5678833)
I love this idea! WalMart has some great glass jars with lids that would work perfectly for these awesome storage ideas. I bought them in assorted sizes to use as canisters in my kitchen. Love being able to see the flour and sugar to know when I need to buy more. I was afraid they wouldn't keep bugs out, but no bugs!!!

good idea.......like ther knitting needles in the vase....I have a "few" vases around, time to re-purpose them!!!! Glass containers are fun to look for at the local Goodwill/Salvation Army/Resale shop..........those are my suppliers!!!

mighty 11-26-2012 07:54 PM

Love your jars!!! I have the same fabric for covers for machines!!!!

javin22 12-02-2012 03:59 PM

looks very organized. Nice glass jars.

Radiana 12-02-2012 04:52 PM

I can't believe your shoe pin cushion. I made one from the same kind of plaster shoe many years ago for a dear friend. Love your jar organization, I love glass containers.

sewbeadit 12-03-2012 04:53 PM

I also like to store things in glass jars. I really enjoyed seeing your stuff.

Marrinb123 12-28-2012 08:14 AM

Great job! I also love the Glass containers, have a few vintage Ball containers with the hinged lids. One is quite large and the notions I have in there right now always get lost in the bottom. I'm re-purposing this for spools of thread and moving the other items into sorting boxes for easier retrieval. We also have a very large (basically wall-to-wall) window to our enclosed garden room right off the living room and my sewing machine is there because I also love to listen to the birds as I sew. Nice overstuffed couch to sit on as I plan my project, great new sewing station and the glass jars look so pretty from the window, full of my favorite colors. I just need to buy more jars! thanks for sharing your idea!

cowgirlquilter 12-28-2012 06:28 PM

Love love love it all! Great job!

Judith1005 12-28-2012 06:53 PM

I love your collection of glass jars. It's so pretty. I love anything to do with organization!! Thanks for sharing your great sewing space.