Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organizing in Glass Jars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organizing-glass-jars-t206786.html)

Camille 11-23-2012 10:53 PM

Organizing in Glass Jars

3 Attachment(s)
I developed a fascination for glass jars and a found a link thru this forum that featured ribbons in glass jars. I have a beautiful 6ft window with a very deep shelf in my sewing room. Dh brought home paintsticks from work and cut them to fit the large jar for my lace collection. I bought fancy glass jars to store buttons in multiple size jars. I also knit and crochet and storing the needles upright makes them easier to find. I have 3-4 sets of sizes as I work on multiple projects at once. Somewhat like our sewing projects, too many. The window faces west and the morning sun is overwhelming. I found the vintage sewing machine fabric at my local fabric shop and whipped up these curtains that are SEW appropriate for my sewing room. Just picked up an armoire at a garage sale that I started organizing my stash with the comic book board method. I'm a visual person and I like to see everything to develop inspiration. Now I just have to figure out how to organize the rest of the room. More jars to fill. Good thing the camera doesn't feature a rear view, what a mess.

chips88 11-24-2012 04:26 AM

i love your collection of glass jars. love your curtains. love everything on your table, box with button handles . dress form i cute. and the object just beside the dress form. love it all.. :thumbup:

Juliebelle 11-24-2012 04:27 AM

Love it, the jars are beautiful.

coopah 11-24-2012 06:24 AM

Just lovely. Looks like you are a painter, too? (Flowerpot, shoe pincushion?)

jhoward 11-24-2012 06:35 AM

I have a fascination with glass, as well. You've given me some ideas. I like your set up.

KnitnutBZ 11-24-2012 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jhoward (Post 5676189)
I have a fascination with glass, as well. You've given me some ideas. I like your set up.

Super idea.!!! I like glass jars but never know what to do with Them. Thanks for posting. Love all your STUFF LOL

Camille 11-24-2012 07:10 AM

Oh yes, forgot to mention I also paint. Another fetish of mine is pin cushions. The blue one next to the dress form is Needle Nana. A friend of mine made her 30 yrs ago. She is my favorite. I bought the shoe and turned it into a pin cushion. Some of the knitting needles are my Mom's that must be at least 60 yrs old. We lost all her vintage pattern books in a flood. My new fetish is vintage sewing machines. Still trying to figure out how to display them. I picked up 2 this year and added to my newer machines, that makes 8. We converted my living room to a sewing room as it's just dh and I in this big house now. But it is chock full of stuff. Must figure out how to organize it all some day. I lost my job this summer and at least I have an outlet to escape to and try to forget. I have enough stash to get me through it all.

Norad 11-24-2012 10:13 AM

Very good idea, I also love your curtains.

emmy 11-24-2012 12:55 PM

You've done a great job of organizing to fit your style. I love pincushions, also. Would like to see how you decide to display your machines, as I'm in the same dilemma.

MisDixie 11-24-2012 12:58 PM

Love this! and you bet I am going to borrow your ideas!