Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Paint Advice for Quilt Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/paint-advice-quilt-room-t217601.html)

jcrow 04-13-2013 06:34 AM

My carpet in my house is grey and the paint shop told me NOT to paint my sewing room yellow. He said it would look horrible. I didn't listen to him. I painted it yellow anyway and LOVE IT! I have sooo much stuff in my sewing room that you don't even see the carpet. I will always keep the sewing room YELLOW! It's so cheerful!

kaelynangelfoot 04-13-2013 05:33 PM

My room is a medium lavender. I wanted a really deep color but my husband pointed out that I would be spending a lot of time working with color and that means I would need a bright well lit room. So lavender it is, and I love it.

KittyFanatic 04-15-2013 07:59 PM

Where I sew is a pale teal green (think Perry the Platypus color, only light). I love it - it is peaceful and easy on the eye. If you have plenty of light, the color won't affect your choices. I have a west-facing window now - it is great for light, but pretty darned warm in the summer!

Whatever makes you happy is the best color to use.

Wanabee Quiltin 04-18-2013 07:35 AM

When I first started quilting, some magazine said that yellow was an ideal color for a quilt room. I love yellow so I took their suggestions to the paint store to see it better. Wow, what they said was a good color was almost neon yellow so I said no to that. I did paint it yellow, a much lighter yellow and then painted my room in this house yellow too. I am very happy with it. I would suggest you paint it whatever color you want !!! Decorate it however you want. I have a metal doll house, a baby buggy, pictures of the DGC, all sorts of antique quilting/sewing stuff. Love that messed up full of fabric room.

Butterscotch Daisy 04-23-2013 09:30 AM

IMHO . . . . I just got mine painted for Christmas. I chose a very light Ice Blue like CarolynMT did. I chose this color to reflect light in the closest as possible true colors without being white. I initially wanted a softer more inviting color, but opted for the cooler blue for truer colors. I then used accessories in bring in some warmer tones. I have been VERY satisfied with this set-up. Then again, I only have one, somewhat small window that only sees sunlight about 2 hours a day in the summer and needed a lot of reflection.

gzuslivz 04-23-2013 07:21 PM

My room is a soft peach with white shades and furniture. i have flooring that is a soft light brown to put down. My inspiration was the Moda Sanctuary fabric line which I have made a quilt out of. I also have a bunch of the fabric with which to make chair cushions for the white rocking chair and sewing chair as well as trim the white sheers. Every time I walk in, the color makes me happy.

Grandma58 04-27-2013 07:43 PM

Mine is painted a color called sand. I want any fabric I am working with to not clash with my walls. Of course I tend to make quilts that match the walls if the walls are a color - any color.

quiltinghere 04-28-2013 05:06 AM

If I could have painted the basement, I would have gone with a pale, light shade of yellow. Not sun yellow! Like others have said - it's a happy color.

Nan