Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Putting Patterns Away (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/putting-patterns-away-t287538.html)

Neuras 04-14-2017 05:53 PM

Putting Patterns Away

I've bought a few (ahem) patterns & they come in a lovely protective plastic bag. How do you currently store them & would you continue or change your storage? I really don't have very many but I have collected magazine patterns in sheet protectors that go on a binder. I'm wondering about these though. Thank you

sewbizgirl 04-14-2017 05:54 PM

I buy the magazine holder boxes from Ikea and keep patterns, templates, sketches all safe together, but out of view. The box is like a large book you set on the shelf... sorta, kinda.

NJ Quilter 04-14-2017 06:47 PM

I don't have too many. Those that I've purchased in the plastic sleeves I just leave as is and toss in a drawer. I do have several saved on the computer as well. For those, it's probably best to download; print as the link is likely to disappear over time..have had that happen so if it's something I really like and want to do - yes, I print off. Those are a jumble...sadly.

sewingsuz 04-14-2017 07:07 PM

I cannot keep up with it all. Scraps, patterns, ribbon, zippers, interfacing, wonderunder, batting and batting scraps. It is all taking over and I can't keep up.

Annaquilts 04-15-2017 12:21 AM

I bought some boxes that had cards, birthday, sympathy, etc. in them. They look a bit like oversized recipes boxes. Turns out once they are empty they are the perfect size to keep patterns in both quilt patterns and clothing patterns.

Murphy224 04-15-2017 02:29 AM

Dritz makes a pattern storage box that is perfect for these kinds of patterns. I have several, one for "made" and one for "unmade" , one for "what was I thinking? I won't make that!" I used to get them at Hancocks but now I think you can find them at Amazon and other sewing supply places. If I make changes or templates, I then put them in a sheet protector and put in a binder. And when I first use one of those patterns that come in a plastic sleeve, I scan and save in my computer. That way if I mess up the pattern in some way, I have a copy of the original in perfect condition.

jcrow 04-15-2017 02:40 AM

I have a metal hanger for my bought patterns. It has a moveable bar that juts out and hanging clips that hold my patterns. I own two of them. They are wonderful!!

QuiltnNan 04-15-2017 02:42 AM

i have banker's boxes in multi colors. they have a label on the front. when on the shelf, i can read them from the front.

Mrs Finch 04-15-2017 05:07 AM

I have some three-ring binders, organized roughly by "easy", "strips and squares", "triangles and shapes" and "applique". Put the patterns in sheet protectors or just punch them with a three-hole punch. Patterns are separated by colored paper or tabs.

Scraps 04-15-2017 05:22 AM

[QUOTE=Mrs Finch;7804900]I have some three
This is what I do & two patterns fit nicely back to back in each sleeve. Three ring binders from the dollar store work just fine.