Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Reorganizing my stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/reorganizing-my-stash-t260952.html)

Koriana 02-07-2015 09:06 PM

Reorganizing my stash

7 Attachment(s)
I recently reorganized my fabric stash and craft books (my husband gave me two more rooms in the basement for my art studio & my non-sewing crafts...he's so generous...plus he wanted to discourage our adult children from moving back in...ha ha!). I must not have too much fabric after all, as I discovered that with the reorganization, I still have more room and opened up several shelves and an additional cabinet. But I'm working this year on making projects out of the fabric I already have as much as possible. As you can see from the pictures below...I do have a generous supply to choose from for both new and unfinished projects. The last picture is the only shelf that is actually in my sewing space...my husband has custom built furniture for me in the rustic style that I love...I'm still working on getting the room just the way I want it then I'll take pictures of it for everyone. The whites, teals, pinks, and oranges are all in kitchen style cabinets in the laundry room...I'm trying to decide on whether to take off the doors, paint quilting patterns or deco-podge quilt patterns on the doors. The blues & greens are in my grandmother's hutch which is also in the laundry room. Meanwhile the reds, blacks and bali fabrics are on a bookshelf that fits perfectly at the end of the hall between the two new studio rooms. All this reorganization has also created the free space to create a permanent design wall...I'm so excited.

newbee3 02-07-2015 09:51 PM

Yes I can see you have enough to make a few things ha ha

sewellie 02-07-2015 10:06 PM

Holy Cow, that's a lot of fabric. Whew, made me tired just looking at it all. haaha Very nice, you are a lucky lady!

Jitterbug 02-08-2015 07:06 AM

I'm happy for you. I can feel your excitement. It is great to get to this point where you can free up room, and also see your color groups so organized to where you can just walk to a section and pull out what you want/need for project.Kudos to you and your husband.

KalamaQuilts 02-08-2015 07:22 AM

Holy cow, that is a ton of fabric. I'll bet I could buy a new car with that...
But having it where you can see it will really help your being able to use it.

Totes storage (I think) is where so many stashes go off the rails. I we can't see it, we won't use it.

Stitchit123 02-08-2015 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7082171)
Holy cow, that is a ton of fabric. I'll bet I could buy a new car with that...
But having it where you can see it will really help your being able to use it.

Totes storage (I think) is where so many stashes go off the rails. I we can't see it, we won't use it.

You sound like my son. When he helped me move from Ohio to Missouri ''Holy crap'' you could buy a new truck and a good portion of a new house if you sold all this fabric and machines. I really did not realize how much I had till they started loading a 24ft L x 11ft W x 10ft T box trk. My sewing rooms were the first to load. My treasures measured 11ft x 11ft x 10ft and I already had 30 large totes of fabric here in my Dad's basement. In the last 3yrs I've been sort of good-I've bought less than 50yds.

Cam's gram 02-08-2015 03:04 PM

Great setup - you can see all of your fabric!

joyful1 02-08-2015 03:54 PM

Wow, enjoy your organized space. Looks like you can see all your choices - :) of fabric to be very creative!

coopah 02-08-2015 04:01 PM

Now THAT'S a stash!! Good reorganizing and have fun sewing! :thumbup:

maggie_1936 02-08-2015 05:21 PM

wow, i'm jealous