Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Scraps-organized! D4P - I Spy quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/scraps-organized-d4p-i-spy-quilt-t221005.html)

Stitch124 05-08-2013 03:52 AM

Scraps-organized! D4P - I Spy quilt

I took an evening and separated all my scraps. I don't have a huge collection yet, so I was able to sort them by color and put them in separate gallon ziplock bags. Next to figure out how to cut them down per B. Hunter's scrap system, then maybe make a scrappy quilt to cuddle up on the couch or something. Anyway, just trying to get a handle on the scrap pile before it gets too out of hand.

Also, started on my first D4P I-Spy quilt. I think it's going to be so cute! Will post a pic when it's done. Inspired by the MSQC tutorial on the D4P quilt. "It's just adorable!" lol:)

Julie

Diannia 05-08-2013 06:11 AM

I remember back when I was so new at this that I actually asked for others scraps!!! 6 years later and I'm giving them away!!! diannia

helou 05-09-2013 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6051673)
Anyway, just trying to get a handle on the scrap pile before it gets too out of hand.

Julie

Very wise! I have only made 3 quilts so far and I am working on a scrappy quilt or two or three at the same time at the moment before it gets out of control (from what I read, it happens and I would just be overwhelmed by it with less desire to quilt

Country1 05-09-2013 09:03 AM

It's like Christmas going thru all your scraps and finding ones you had forgotten about!

sewbeadit 05-14-2013 01:57 PM

I love going through scraps and using them. I am working on a d4p and hope to get it done shortly. I like the looks of them and may do a scrappy one next! Have fun with your scraps.

pollyjvan9 05-15-2013 08:10 AM

Believe me it does happen. I have been reorganizing and am trying to decide what to do with eight 33 gal trash bags full of scraps. I don't know if I can get rid of them or not!

paulswalia 05-15-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by helou (Post 6053628)
Very wise! I have only made 3 quilts so far and I am working on a scrappy quilt or two or three at the same time at the moment before it gets out of control (from what I read, it happens and I would just be overwhelmed by it with less desire to quilt

Agreed - I now have myself convinced that I must crap/organize as soon as I am done with a quilt so that everything left over is chopped up according to the Bonnie Hunter system.

paulswalia 05-17-2013 09:38 AM

boy, do I ever wish I could edit that last post 2 days later. :o

sewbeadit 05-18-2013 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 6069342)
boy, do I ever wish I could edit that last post 2 days later. :o

It would be a really good idea to be able to edit that.lol Well we all make mistakes.hehehehehehehe:eek:

Stitch124 05-20-2013 07:36 AM

lololol- rofl