Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Storing sewing machine needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/storing-sewing-machine-needles-t210849.html)

ZigZagSewing 01-14-2013 10:29 PM

I use a plastic ice cube tray to hold the various sizes of needles in a drawer. Works for me.

Knitette 01-15-2013 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was made for me on the Secret Pal swap by sewdamncute. There are actually 4 'pages'. Since this was taken, I've labelled all the compartments.
I love the fact that I can organise part-used needle and also know exactly what needle I've got in my machine by putting a coloured a pin in the correct section!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388175[/ATTACH]

Knitette 01-15-2013 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute (Post 5785540)
This is what I do as well...also works for machine feet!

You'll just have to make yourself one of the lovely ones you made me! ;)

chips88 01-15-2013 03:09 AM

i made my own. took a piece of cream color fabric.any size you want to make.cut clear heavy plastic in strips and sew on the fabric place a couple of needle packs to see how to fit then sew little pockets for your needles and hang on wall in front of machine...:)

Debbie C 01-15-2013 04:08 AM

I use a hanging jewelry organizer. It has many small, clear see-through pockets on both sides.....perfect for holding sewing machine needle packets!

JoanneS 01-15-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5784587)
I have a plastic box with dividers.
Each different size/type has it's own little compartment.

I store mine in a similar way - a recipe box with dividers indicating size/type.

QuiltingLubAS2C9 01-15-2013 11:03 AM

I use a plastic box with hinged lid that came filled with jelly beans. Perfect for all the needle packages and it was free.
It is clear and fits in my drawer with my sewing machine.
Lu in TN

QuiltingLubAS2C9 01-15-2013 11:05 AM

I meant to say it fits in the drawer of my sewing machine cabinet.

cricket_iscute 01-15-2013 12:30 PM

I have a couple plastic boxes with dividers and permanently attached lids. They are maybe 12 inches by 8 inches or so. The spaces are small, a bit wider than a needle 5-pack and deep enough for standing up maybe 10 packages. There is enough room to get my fingers in there. I keep needles sorted by size and type. I keep the boxes in the sewing table drawer, and this works very well. Check Walmart or a hobby store.

cricket_iscute 01-15-2013 12:36 PM

I have a couple plastic boxes with dividers and permanently attached lids. The spaces are small, a bit wider than a needle 5-pack and deep enough for standing up maybe 10 packages. There is enough room to get my fingers in there. I keep needles sorted by size and type. I keep the boxes in the sewing table drawer, and this works very well. Check Walmart or a hobby store.