Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Update on Re-do of craft room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/update-re-do-craft-room-t179040.html)

tedytrser 02-13-2012 08:43 AM

Looks Great!!!

CraftyCarolyn 02-13-2012 10:03 AM

I have the same sewing cabinet too!! I bought it in 1978 with my singer touchtronic 2001... It is
ready to retire and I just bout a viking saphire 835...Im hoping I can make the cabinet work with
my new machine.

Rubesgirl 02-13-2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by CraftyCarolyn (Post 4971599)
I have the same sewing cabinet too!! I bought it in 1978 with my singer touchtronic 2001... It is
ready to retire and I just bout a viking saphire 835...Im hoping I can make the cabinet work with
my new machine.

The only thing I found is that I can't use the spring loaded lowering mechanism. Otherwise, I just propped up the machine in the hole & it works just great.

Grandma Peg 02-13-2012 03:23 PM

You have a great work space. Love the peg board for all your goodies to stay organized. Have fun creating in your new room.

Chigger Holler Quilter 02-15-2012 09:30 PM

Your room looks awesome...just some open space is inspiring! :)
Do you work on glass as well as quilt? Just wondering what your 2nd (wonderful work space is used for)

Rubesgirl 02-16-2012 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter (Post 4979252)
Your room looks awesome...just some open space is inspiring! :)
Do you work on glass as well as quilt? Just wondering what your 2nd (wonderful work space is used for)

Yes, I've been working with glass for about 12 years now and that is what the other space is for. A friend built all that for me years ago and when I moved into this house (nearly 9 years ago, now), I brought it with me. My DH set everything up just as I wanted it. Now all my quilting stuff is in there too, but enough separated that I don't have to worry about glass particles getting on the fabrics. I'll post a couple photos of my glass work on the section of the board that is anything but quilting. Thanks for asking! Wendy

annthreecats 02-16-2012 01:35 PM

That's a very nice room. Looks like you have plenty of space. Your Rocketeer and cabinet are lovely.

SingerSewer 02-18-2012 04:37 AM

Your craft room is great. I love the cabinet housing your Singer and the sewing chair at the white table is great. Looks retro!

Country1 02-20-2012 08:54 AM

Very organized!... You have a beautiful room. So happy for you!

kbonafede 02-20-2012 10:41 AM

Oh!! Isn't it amazing how much labor and energy it takes to do every single thing?! And the domino effect is never ending....so that when we see photos of your wonderful space, we don't see all of the moving of beds, going to the attic multiple times.....energy, energy, energy..... I think this is fabulous. You will enjoy this space so much.....congratulations!