Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   White, gray, pastel? Not bold for sure...paint color (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/white-gray-pastel-not-bold-sure-paint-color-t175685.html)

KimS 01-16-2012 06:44 PM

I like my walls neutral and then add color with decorations such as pictures and/or shelves.

chermitch 01-16-2012 06:47 PM

My sewing room is a light lavender and I love it!!!

Quiltlady330 01-17-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 4876253)
Well ... mine is yellow :) Not a bright yellow, but a softer "butter" yellow. But yes, it is a lot of personal choice coupled with good sense with regard to visibility. And you can always paint one wall a bold color - a wall that doesn't border a work area (ie sewing table or cutting table not pushed up against that wall).

Mine is light butter yellow also. I have converted a high ceiling attic and it has dormer windows but I still didn't want the feeling of darkness since there were only 2 windows. (We used very good lighting also.) I did notice one day that by the time all the walls were covered with projects and pegboard for tools,etc., the wall color was almost insignificant. :)

gramquilter2 01-17-2012 10:21 AM

My room is lime green. In our other home it was purple because that is supposed to be a creative color, not enough natural light in our new place. I think your color needs to be something you like because you will spend a lot of time in there.

judy363905 01-17-2012 03:39 PM

Color for Sewing Studio

I was so happy to find this subject - I am planning to repaint my sewing studio as it has been 5 - 6 years and the paint is darking and looks dull... walls were painted "Sponge Bob Bikini Beach Sand"...I am thinking Cornsilk or Grey Sunset - my studio is on the south-west corner of our home. I am now off to take a photo of my January BOM Snow Blossom block... Happy quilting.

Judy in Phx, AZ

patimint 01-17-2012 06:03 PM

I am not a fan of yellow either, but a nice pale, buttery yellow looks good. Yellow and purples are both suppose to get the creative juices flowing. When my room is ready to paint, I think I will do the wall in pale yellow and the shelves and trim in light lavender. My room doesn't have lots of natural light (4 small window, one covered by trees) so I want a bright sunny looking room. Of course once I get the window washed, they will let in more light. right now we are having a blizzard so can only wash the inside of window.

Ruby the Quilter 02-05-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4882074)
Mine is a soft pinkish/brownish lite color by sherwin williams too. Very mellow color and doesn't seem to affect my quilt colors. They have paint that has hardly any smell to it and you can paint and stay there and doesn't affect you. Great stuff.

that sounds like the color of my room. I agree about hardly any smell with Sherwin Williams paint. it's a soft restful color and love the look of the afternoon sun as it comes in the windows.

Sadiemae 02-06-2012 09:43 AM

I guess I am boring, all of my walls are white.

Up North 02-06-2012 09:59 AM

My walls are just plain old paneling but most are covered with bookcases anyway.

JUNEC 02-06-2012 10:06 AM

I would choose a color that you love - Keep it pastel - nice shade of off white or gray