Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Question about peg boards >

Question about peg boards

Question about peg boards

Old 05-17-2014, 03:59 AM

Here is my pegboard before I put anything on it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...m-t246075.html
when I first put it up I had a full sheet, had that up for awhile but when I redid my room I decided I wanted it cut in half so I could use the extra wall space for something else.We painted it a light pink, DH framed it out and that is almost a burgundy color. I love it.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:20 AM

When my husband had my sewing room built, I had them put peg board on all 4 walls, upper half only. I hang everything, that is hangable, on them and I love it. I can find whatever I am looking for at a glance
Old 05-17-2014, 05:03 AM

Here's how I use mine - I love pegboard!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...albums878.html
Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
When my husband had my sewing room built, I had them put peg board on all 4 walls, upper half only. I hang everything, that is hangable, on them and I love it. I can find whatever I am looking for at a glance
I would love to see a picture. I am trying to decide how I want my pegboard. I use it for everything possible.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:58 AM

I had mdh cut mine the size of the bottom of drawers, then using dowels cut the size for spools of threads. Put the pegs in at random in the whole of board and placed all my spools of threads in the drawers away from dust and lights.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 AM

You can buy hook kits for pegboard in hardware stores or online. Be sure to get the right size; pegboard comes with either 1/8" or 1/4" holes. I prefer the straight hooks (like L) over the curved. I hang all my scissors, rotary cutters, rulers, templates, small/medium cutting mats, you name it. I have 2 2x4 pegboards on the walls in my sewing room. I also used a 2x4 pegboard for my big ironing table so steam will pass through it.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:42 PM

I found the hardware stores and princess auto (our version of Harbor Freight) REALLY expensive for pegboard accessories compared to a store fixtures type of shop. It's probably close to wholesale, but no account strictly needed. They also have some neat storage bins and shelves you don't see at the hardware stores.

We have "Eddies" here: http://www.eddies.com/ perhaps there's something close to you that does a similar business?

I searched and I have a photo of one of the pegboards in the studio, and only a poor glimpse of the other one. I also have a 2x4 sheet sitting on the floor under the other pegboard waiting to be hung, but I want to find a way to do something like peg board but from the ceiling instead since I have virtually unlimited ceiling space and very limited wall space, so it may go into the laundry room instead.

The long pegboard sheet came in brown, but I painted it with a roller and regular wall paint (or it might have been primer) To make sure the holes weren't plugged, I just went back over it with a "dry" roller - ie due to be dunked in the paint tray again, and it pulled everything out of the holes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475886[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]475887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1459.jpg   img_1966.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 02:17 PM

If you support the pegboard with a strip (like 1"X2") behind it at the top and the bottom, it gives enough clearance to put the hooks in the pegboard and also gives you some nice storage space for flat things like cutting mats, larger rulers, etc.--keeps them handy, but out of the way.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:09 PM

I bought large picture frames at garage sales and took the "art" and glass out, replaced with peg board, spray painted they look so pretty. tip - hot glue wine corks cut lengthwise to the back corners to accommodate the peg hooks and to help keep it hanging square.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Lucky you! Wish I had a place for a peg board.