Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Rearranging my sewing space >

Rearranging my sewing space

Rearranging my sewing space

Old 01-04-2015, 08:00 AM

Love your sewing space. So neat and organized.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:48 AM

I've been taking a break from this big job of rearranging. Back to work tomorrow! I wish I had gotten further along than I did. I hope to keep plugging away at it.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:35 PM

On week 3 in my rearranging...with a few days of no activity. Soooon.
sandy
Old 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM

(Oh dear, I am back to edit my post, as I think I may have inserted in the wrong thread, or baord, I ask patience with my enthusastic, but not honed posting skills)

I spent the day moving everything around in my sewing space. (I have so much room now I mad do yoga there)
I want to get my table where I am learning FMQ out to where I can run suspended bars from the floor joists to create the effect I saw another person do with a floor standing PVC frame. Of course move one thing...

I also saw someone post a peg board that they had painted. What a revelation! I never put one up becuase I hate the brown or white options. Duh!

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506612[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506613[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506614[/ATTACH]

You cannot see it in the above, but between the rafters I have inset a hanging pole, so that I will stop being tempted to hang things from the very centrally located Gas Line.
I also positioned the photo to hide the sundry sauder collection where by fabric lives.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506615[/ATTACH]

As you can see I have put my new practice quilt on the sewing machine so I can gauge the length of straps.

It is not glamorous, professional or very pretty, but it is my space, and is the spot I day dream about whilst at work. I am pleased as punch. I know it is tasteless to talk about money, but I pleased with the costs on this, so I am going to brag about it.

Peg boards - $12.50(USD)
paint - $20.00 (USD) and I have plans to use the rest on another project.
peg board pegs $2.00 for 100 assorted at a local thrift store
Poles for suspending - $5.00 ( also thirft store)
3/4 inch flat head screws $3.00 ( I resented this, I had plenty countersinking screws but no flat heads)

$47.50 USD!
Attached Thumbnails my-sewing-room-640x433-2-.jpg   dsc00593-640x480-.jpg   dsc00597-640x480-.jpg   dsc00598-640x480-.jpg  

Last edited by Laurajbr; 01-17-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: thread error possible
Old 01-17-2015, 05:21 PM

I rearrange at least twice a yearin. I am trying to downsize my fabric stash. I have many very large pcs and need to lighten the load. Eventually I will be posting some of the fabric on the board. Right now I have my back to the window but that's because the heat runs along that wall and I don't want to cut it off, also the Koala cabt. has the table that you can keep up or put down, currently it is up because I like having the extra room to pile stuff on and if I ever decide to actually quilt, not just sew a top, I will need it up. The bottom line is - change is good and it helps find "lost" stuff
Old 01-19-2015, 01:56 PM

I just love to look at pictures of people's sewing spaces. Thanks for posting those!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

I'm picking up all kinds of ideas here. I keep putting off getting a peg board but it is a must. Love the notions displayed just like in the stores.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:08 PM

I reorganized mine last year and now can't find anything.

Take pictures before you start is my suggestion.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 AM

I find as I see other's sewing spaces, it gives me ideas to alter mine. Also after a project is finished I tend to clean up getting ready for the next project. Some times I find I need to do some rearranging as I go along. Can't add much more to my sewing room. In the past 4 years I've replaced and enlarged my cutting table, hung my bolt of batting on the ceiling rafters and just recently made a new hanging pole for my quilt tops waiting to be quilted. Next project will be to replace some cabinets with doors with open shelving for additional fabric storage. I like to be able to see what I have on hand. Cabinets came with my mother and half are used for can storage, now half for fabrics. Cabinets will be moved out to the workshop for storage out there. Nothing goes to waste, just refigured how to use it and where.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:37 PM

I like what was done with that table on the left, looks like it's a pressing surface? I love the storage underneath. That's a GREAT idea and I think I'm going to steal it for a table in my sewing room!

My room has turned into a cluttery disaster. I need to clean it up and figure out some solutions, it's a relatively new room and I'm still not quite settled into it properly. I keep rearranging it but each arrangement fixes some problems but creates new ones. It is (what used to be) the living room so that imposes certain limits too. Nobody uses it like a living room but it's still where everyone has to walk through when they enter the house.