Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Sewing machine set into or on top of table?

I prefer to have my machine set in. When I got to a class/retreat, I found that if I take a boat seat cushion to sit on, it gets me closer to a better height for my machine. Good luck on your new room.
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
    The only time I raise mine up to the top is when I attach the embroidery unit. Otherwise, I always prefer it down so that the needle plate is flush with the table. I have an acrylic plate that fits around my machine so everything is flat and smooth.
    I would agree me too
    It all about the Journey!! Enjoy It

It really does depend on your body length and your height... sit in a chair... with arms that are adjustable.. raise the arms until they reach your arms.. you should bend your arms at the elbows and the arms of the chair should come up to them..that's the perfect fit...you should not lean on either side to reach the arm rests of your chair... then with your arms and hand straight out that's where the bed of your machine should be... just like a key pad for your computer. That's why some computer tables work so well if the drawer for the keypad will hold your machine... for most of us putting the machine down in the table works . But for taller quilters this does not work.
    Judy
    Judy
    Quilters come with strings attached.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4