Sewing Space

Old 01-02-2016, 09:54 AM

Default Sewing Space

I love looking at all of the different sewing rooms and spaces. I have a tiny 5 x 3 foot alcove and two cats that think it is theirs. I always find a new storage ideas from all of your pictures. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

I also like the inspiration that is found here all the time.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:04 PM

I wish more people would post in this section. People like to be organized (I think) and have some great ideas. Let's start using this section more.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:25 PM

It takes BRAVERY to post pictures here for most of us! Our sewing rooms seem to have something in common--they are WELL USED, with a pretty good chance of being in some state of chaos . Not camera-ready. As soon as I get mine all tidied up, I am so eager to jump in and start a new project. I keep saying I'll take pictures and post them. But then this inspiration takes over and I'm making a brand new mess.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:07 PM

I'm not afraid to show you my mess, LOL just can't seen to get the photos to up load. have tried several different ways, am always told they are the wrong size. have had a lot of help from board members but so far, not so good.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

A space to call your own is great no matter the size. If you can put up some pegboard, it makes a great place to store your tools so they don't clutter your work area.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:30 AM

We enclosed our porch and made it my sewing studio--it is 35 feet long, but only 8 feet wide. Even so, there is plenty of room for everything I need. DH build shelves for fabric and thread and made me a top for my ironing board--75 inches by 27 inches.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:30 AM

When I went looking for a new house in Iowa, moved from Florida back in 2010 my top priority was a sewing area. My Florida house had an extra bedroom 10 x 18 so narrow. Couldn't set all my machines up so the sergers got put on the floor till I needed them. Only had a 9" Viking MegaQuilter on a 10' Grace Pro frame too. Smaller cutting table too. Now I have almost the entire basement to use as my "Toy Room" so I enlarged the cutting table, added more cabinets for fabrics, put up thread racks on the walls, added a design wall and went for a larger quilting machine. Now its almost as cramped as it was in Florida. But I'm a happy camper and rarely leave my sewing room. Made a little spot for a kitchnette with sink and have a full bathroom down here. Now if only I could find room for a recliner I'd never leave at all. Oh well, can't have everything................
Old 01-03-2016, 06:52 AM

I have use of a small bedroom and closet, including a great design wall and bookcases, sharing with bunk beds for the Grands. My sewing table, cutting table, etc. all fold when needed, which is only couple times a year. I feel fortunate to have a room where I can leave everything out.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:00 AM

I posted pics back when it was new, not to hide the mess, but because the mess really hides the details I put into the room.
When we chose the room we thought, what room do we use the least?
The dining room!
We added on to or house 20 years ago, which made room for a pretty big table with 8 chairs, so any dining we do will be at that table.
We still use the bathrooms or I wouldn't doubt we'd use those rooms. Hey, come to think of it, there's one bathroom upstairs that since the kids moved out, doesn't get used. I bet the shower would hold a big stack of fabric!