Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Table or cabinet that holds Brother 1500

Sewing Table or cabinet that holds Brother 1500

I am new to the forum and absolutely addicted. All of the postings have encouraged me to convert my spare bedroom into a sewing room. (currently using the dining room). I would like to purchase a cabinet/ sewing table that will hold my Brother PQ1500. I want it to close up when not in use and also want something that has a larger tabletop. Suggestions on what others have done?

mine is a countertop, so probably not what you're looking for...If I were in a spare bedroom, I think I'd go with a refinished old desk.
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

Power Poster
    The Koala cabinets and similar have lifts that allow the machine to go up and down for storage. The lifts are available for purchase if you have a handyman available to make you a cabinet.

try craigslist - especially if your funds are limited (as most of us these days). I have found incredible bargains on craigslist over the years - including Ikea cabinetry that works wonderfully in my home quilting studio

I have a Horn cabinet that I really love. It does fold up although I have never done that as I have a dedicated sewing room. It has extra space in the back and to the left side which is great. They are pricey but not quite as pricey as the Koala's. My friend found a Horn setup on EBay for a good savings. You could look at Horn's site and decide which one you prefer and then look for a used one. They fit all machines. You get a separate insert depending on your machine. If you buy used, you may have to buy the insert for your Brother from Horn.

My is setting in a old sewing cabinet my hubby made a board to set it on it work good

Blog Entries
    Arrow Gidget 2 will fit.

Blog Entries
    I purchased a horn cabinet with a large section which fold out at the back. Gives plenty of room .i made a jigsaw quilt and had to place pieces on the back and cut out as well I did find it low . I now have a horn table which I can adjust to different heights , if I was at you stage I would but the table with smaller set up for the machine.
    Finished is better than a UFO

LOVE my Arrow Gidget table! I'm going to buy another one or two so I have more than one machine out and going at a time. I prefer machines that are not in cabinets so that I have more room for more machines. When not in use my machines occupy a BIG deep 5 shelf unit that my husband and the neighbor put together. Each shelf will hold 5 machines if I slide them in sideways.
    Grammy Dorthy
    Fort Worth, Texas

There are many out there but I would shop around...You may find a nice used one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast