Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Storing/Organizing long lengths of fabric - How to??

Banned
    I go to my local quilt shop and they save me their empty fabric card boards their fabric comes on and I use my table saw and cut them in half and they cost me nothing but to go get them . Works great for me.

This is exactly how I store my fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
    I have mine on Comic Book Boards. This is a preliminary picture...the cabinets are FULL now.

SURVEY for COMIC BOARD users
    Here's a good discussion about comic boards.
    For less than $27 I purchased 300 boards locally...I still have about 80 of them left. In my opinion it was a great $27 investment.
    Some would say (and I was one at one time) that they'd rather spend the money on fabric. With today's pricing....that's only 3 yards of fabric...then you'll still have a messed up fabric area.
    Now I have a Great Looking fabric area and Now I can go buy that 3 yards of fabric and know where it's at!
    Take your time...it's a process...but well worth the effort!

Cheaper way is to get the carboard ones from Joannes, they just throw them out and cut them 11 1/2 and I've been very happy with them and they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    I ruler fold everything. Little by little each day and it will get done. The results are worth it.
    What is "ruler" folding please???

A very nice lady showed me this site for folding. http://turningturning.com/tutorial-folding-fabric/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3