Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: template jumble

I poke a hole iln them with a hole puncher (inside the edge of the template and put the holes through a large safety pins (I have also used a stitch holder for knitting). You can get alot of templates onto the pins or stitch holder

Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    Sine I started quilting my own quilts. I have a "collection"of templates...what a mess...what to do so I can find what I want?
    I use a wallmount lid holder that I found at a thrift store. It's still awkward because some of the templates are so long & clumsy. So I may go to just using the hooks on a pegboard as many of you seem to do so they'll lie flat.

I have a very heavy large flat box that I store mine in. It can fit under a bed or table where there is little space. Love it! It came from a newspaper office and I believe it originally had film in it.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    I have a huge binder. I put loose patterns and templates in large Ziploc bags and punch holes in them and file them in the binder with a picture on the front of each one.
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I have several plastic templates and a few paper ones that I drew, I punch holes with a three ring punch and file them in a binder. I intended to organize them using some sort of system, but mostly I just stick them in the binder on top. I've discovered that one advantage is that I can easily see which ones I use most--they stay on top. That allows me to flip through the others every once in a while or when I want something "new." The small ones were a problem flopping around and tearing but now I slip them into sleeve protectors. Works really well for me.

Australia, country NSW, south of Canberra
    I rely on zip lock plastic bags. You can write which project they are, keep them separate yet together in a box or draw and keep them safe.

I have put mine in a large manilla envelopes or the freebie from the post office. On the outside on the envelope, write as much information that you want (book or magazine that it came from and I like to put the date that I made the templates...older ones might need a second look.) and on the inside with the templates, a paper copy of the templates and a picture of block or quilt that the templates make.

Blog Entries
    i opened up two file folders and taped the long sides together. i put my templates in there and slide the folder behind the sewing machine that i don't use much
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2