Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: template jumble

Blog Entries

template jumble

Sinçe I started quilting my own quilts. I have a "collection"of templates...what a mess...what to do so I can find what I want?

Blog Entries
    Get something that you can organize them with. I do not have many so I just throw them in a drawer but, you can get somthing to file them in.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Do you have room for a peg board, or a template ring they sale at Walmart and alot of other stores. My DH is standing here and suggested a thrift store old LP record stand or holder. Look at some of the old pictures in this section and you will find alot of different ways. But I myself couldn't survive without my peg board. Google it as well, there are endless organational sites and blogs out there. Good luck!
    Country1
    Country 1

Power Poster
    I put my plastic templates on a metal shower ring and hang it on the closet rod. The metal shower rings work great because you can open the ring and remove the one you want.

Similar to the shower curtain ring, I use a belt organizer ring. I bit larger and I hang it on the back of the door of my sewing room.

Paper ones in a large 3 ring binder with dividers for category
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Peg board, without a doubt -- templates stay nice & flat, are easy to see, and lots of room for other things, too. I put mine up on the wall that a door sets against - its out of the way, can't be seen unless the door is closed and I have lots of storage there. I have almost no wall space, so am very glad for that pegboard.

Blog Entries
    In my adventures this week, Tuesday Morning had a zip binder by Omnigrid that had zipper pouches on the inside, different sizes made just for templates. Was a good price at 9.99.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Pegboards workmfine for the ones with holes. For the templates w/o holes- DVD cases will hold smaller ones, binder with pockets, small plastic organizer container to keep them together.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I have a file cabinet with hanging file folders. I arrange them by shape. The diamonds go in one pocket, triangles in another, etc.. Works for me.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast