Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: thanks for the inspiration!

thanks for the inspiration!

I really needed to organize my fabric and my sewing room. I've been reading this thread and have been inspired by your hard work. I wish I took before and after pictures - there is a 'during' picture! I got two Closet Maid closet organizers and assembled them. Instead of putting my fabric on boards, I cut a piece of cardboard to fold my fabric around and then removed it before placing on the shelf. I put the fabric in the organizer by color, holiday, fleece and flannel. I had to keep my Thimbleberries together, too. I did have shoebox size plastic containers with buttons, ric-rack, and other craft supplies that took up too much important fabric space that I hid away. And then there are the medium size containers of scraps! Oh my!! Scraps just keep multiplying! BUT, it all looks good, and I shouldn't have to buy any fabric in a L O N G time. (Yeah, right!)

Thanks again for letting me into your sewing rooms. Judy

FYI, the 24x6.5 inch ruler works beautifully for ruler folding fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbud2 View Post
    I really needed to organize my fabric and my sewing room. I've been reading this thread and have been inspired by your hard work. I wish I took before and after pictures - there is a 'during' picture! I got two Closet Maid closet organizers and assembled them. Instead of putting my fabric on boards, I cut a piece of cardboard to fold my fabric around and then removed it before placing on the shelf. I put the fabric in the organizer by color, holiday, fleece and flannel. I had to keep my Thimbleberries together, too. I did have shoebox size plastic containers with buttons, ric-rack, and other craft supplies that took up too much important fabric space that I hid away. And then there are the medium size containers of scraps! Oh my!! Scraps just keep multiplying! BUT, it all looks good, and I shouldn't have to buy any fabric in a L O N G time. (Yeah, right!)

Thanks again for letting me into your sewing rooms. Judy
    Judy , buying more fabric is just like when you see a cute little puppy lost on the road. Ya just have to pick it up. hehehe
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

So where are the pics???
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    FYI, the 24x6.5 inch ruler works beautifully for ruler folding fabric.
    am going to try this....so you merely begin wrapping the fabric around the width of this ruler like the cardboard bolt wrap in the store????? so simple, but seems perfect--then of course, you slip out the ruler for the next fabric bulk?!? that will be my challenge of the day.........

how about some pics?

Blog Entries
    Well if this is after and you have during go ahead and post the pics. We would love to see the affects. And! If you have extra cardboard you can wrap your fabric around that if you want to stand some up. I use the comic board, fabric board from the various stores that are deposited in the waste bins and bolt rolls. They will usually just let you have them so they don't have to tote them back to the recycle bins.