Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Today is Moving Day! >

Today is Moving Day!

Today is Moving Day!

Old 01-01-2016, 07:00 AM

Default Today is Moving Day!

And so will tomorrow and Sunday - the long arm will be the last to be moved. Once the machines out moved out of the house, I can start moving stuff around inside the house.

First things out will be the two industrials, the hemstitcher and the blind hemmer. After that, I'm not sure as I have to figure how to fit machines so I can get the most in the smallest amount of space.

Here are some progress pictures from yesterday. I started putting together my two IKEA cabinets. This one is to store my Long-Arm thread, and the one still apart has narrow shelves and will be used to store my LA supplies, including my extensive ruler collection.

I also have a large tool box that will sit on top of one of these for storing more LA supplies. Both cabinets have wheels so I can move them around as needed. The one that does not get the tool box will be set up with an ironing board on top. I plan on setting it up so I will also bind finished quilts out there, but we'll see how that goes. If I prefer to use my new Juki for binding, then the quilts will come in the house as that machine is not going out to the Shed.

DH has most of the water hooked up now, and the on-demand heater is working fine.

I also got the rest of the catches mounted, now all the door stay shut.

DH also got the old cast iron sink installed in the Workroom on the "shed" side.

Another item pulled from the family farmhouse (BTW - it's still standing but in rough shape as the local PD has been using it a a training ground. A very valuable purpose, so it's neat that the house is getting another chance to be useful before demolition)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Great progress. That bottom sink brings back a lot of memories! And I am a city girl!!
Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Good Luck with getting everything finally organized. I moved 2 years and still haven't found a few items.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 AM

Looking good. Bet you're excited.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Wow! Cathy! You both have been working sooo hard!! Looks geat! It will be such a nice space for you to work in and to store all of your machines!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 AM

I'm excited for you!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 PM

You must be excited!
The bathroom sink is the same as what I almost chose for my first house's remodel. I do like that style. I decided to use an old cast iron pedestal sink instead but it was close.
The utility sink is a great choice too. I think it's ideal for your intended uses. Great looking stand. Sturdy and it fits the character of the sink.
Fire departments used to burn houses for training. I don't know if they still do but it might be an option once the PD is done with your old farm house. There are also Restore type places that will demo houses for the materials. It might be another option to consider if there's any near you.
Some of the materials used in old houses just aren't available anymore. Old growth lumber that was considered construction grade in those days is now fine furniture and trim grade material.
Rodney
Old 01-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Banned

Looking good!

Cari
Old 01-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

A great idea!
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
You must be excited!
The bathroom sink is the same as what I almost chose for my first house's remodel. I do like that style. I decided to use an old cast iron pedestal sink instead but it was close.
The utility sink is a great choice too. I think it's ideal for your intended uses. Great looking stand. Sturdy and it fits the character of the sink.
Fire departments used to burn houses for training. I don't know if they still do but it might be an option once the PD is done with your old farm house. There are also Restore type places that will demo houses for the materials. It might be another option to consider if there's any near you.
Some of the materials used in old houses just aren't available anymore. Old growth lumber that was considered construction grade in those days is now fine furniture and trim grade material.
Rodney
Old 01-01-2016, 02:17 PM

Can't wait to see the "reveal" when you have it furnished!